Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2022 5:52:25 PM EDT
Ordered from the Krale shop on Monday 12/12 and was delivered 12/15.... fast and overseas!
Had to wait for a Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AMX scope and Sportmax Dampa mount... all arrived yesterday.

Let everything get to room temp overnight and started the mounting process. All set up I put the target at 15 yards in backyard, rested stock on shooting bag and took one shot; low left, adjust low left, adjust BINGO... a few more clicks and it's shooting pretty good with just Crosman 14.3 HP.

This gun will be used for 25+ yard shooting (target / tree rats) so a bit more work to do and have several tins of Exact Diablo 14.33 .22 pellets.

Specs:
The Weihrauch HW97K is an underlever air rifle especially developed for field-target and silhouette shooting, well-balanced, easy and smooth cocking.
Fixed barrel system with muzzle break, equipped with the proven and world-famous match trigger “Rekord”, without sights, handy and elegant stock especially designed for scope use, high comb, checkered or stippled pistol grip and forearm and rubber buttplate.

HW97K Blackline Specifications:

Caliber – .22
Total length – 40"
Barrel length - 11.8"
Weight – 9lb.
Velocity(fps) – 754
Loudness: 3 (medium) but it's pretty quiet and there is an OEM screw on "moderator" I'm checking out. Adds length and is $100.
I have about 100 rounds through without scope just to break it in.

The trigger is outstanding and sets it apart from more budget rifles.

Quick sight in today at lunch.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice air rifles are so much fun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 11:05:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: outdoorgb] [#2]
Did some sighting at 20 and 25 yards yesterday. This gun is putting $.25 size holes with no problems.

Upper target is at 20 yards with the HW97, lower is setting up a Hawke 2-7x32 on a Beeman R7 (.177).

22°f outside so setup was on desk in my office/music area. Slider open.

That ragged hole on top is about 30 shots from bag rest.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:03:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChupacabraSAR] [#3]
That looks like a great gun. I’ve been debating getting a high end Springer. I’ve never used an under lever.

I’m following your thread. Thanks for the updates.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Yesterday was freezing rain and sleet... stayed indoors and reupholstered some chairs (see my DIY post in the "DIY" forum).

@AdLucem
got me to look at the Weihrauch HW97 Blackline. I did a bunch of research and liked the underlever design. And, you can get one from The Netherlands (Krale Shop) stupid cheap and fast. It is not a light gun at 9 lb but sits well on my bag rest. I have a 1/4 acre back yard and do my best to keep tree rats at bay.

I also have a Beeman R7 which is super light. Breakbarrel but accurate as hell (.177 cal).

This guy is well known in the airgun community. This is his review:
Weihrauch HW 97K .177 Air Rifle (Review) + SETUP GUIDE !! + Accuracy Test !! - Under Lever Airgun
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 1:13:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the club.  Great gun, love mine... several of my friends have now ordered one as well... overseas price and superfast shipping are hard to beat...  $700 gun for $400.  I got the 17 cal was interested in the .20 cal but they were not available...  any particular reason for the 22 cal?  Just wondering..
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 3:03:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Is Weihrauch the same company that makes the Windicator? Air rifles look like fun. I might need to snag one at some point.
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By outdoorgb:
Yesterday was freezing rain and sleet... stayed indoors and reupholstered some chairs (see my DIY post in the "DIY" forum).

@AdLucem
got me to look at the Weihrauch HW97 Blackline. I did a bunch of research and liked the underlever design. And, you can get one from The Netherlands (Krale Shop) stupid cheap and fast. It is not a light gun at 9 lb but sits well on my bag rest. I have a 1/4 acre back yard and do my best to keep tree rats at bay.

I also have a Beeman R7 which is super light. Breakbarrel but accurate as hell (.177 cal).

This guy is well known in the airgun community. This is his review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsfJARzuWH4
View Quote

Heavy is a good thing in a springer. Have fun.
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I chose the .22 because I have a nice Beeman R7 in .177. Just wanted something with a bit more energy at 40/50 yards. I'm still new to the higher end AG game.

Still shopping for my first PCP and am looking at calibers in addition to brands/features. Thinking of "buying once, crying one" and not getting an entry level PCP.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:34:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WI_Bill] [#9]
Anybody chrono a 97k?  It's supposed to be up to 755 in .22, but is it?

ETA:  On krale they list energy for different models (in joules of course), which I think is a fairer measure of airgun potential, and is 20 joules for the 97k.  With energy, you can back calculate velocity for the grain of your pellet.  For instance, my 97k in .22 from Airguns of Arizona chrono'd by them before shipping at 650 fps with a 15 gr pellet.  That's a lot less than the 755 fps pyramid and arizona list as "up to 755 fps".  But, punching in 15 gr and 650 fps gives about 20 joules, or 14.75 ft-lbf.  Those listed "up to" velocities must be with the superlight hybrid alloy pellets, not lead.

I will say, the 97k blackline .22, is one hole accurate at 20 yds with a 10x scope.  Amazing.  Just wish it was lighter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top