Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2024 9:53:13 AM EDT
I've been hunting with this Savage Model 10 Precision Carbine in 308 for the past decade and through the use a chunk of the original squishy buttpad got ripped off. Does anyone know which pad will fit this?

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I would call Savage and see if they can help.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Normlizer:
I would call Savage and see if they can help.
View Quote

Tried that. Sat on hold for an hour and gave up. May try again soon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:01:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Normlizer] [#3]
Its the holiday season so they might be out of the office or limited staff.  Keep trying.  If you have some extra time KICK-EEZ has templates you can print out to find the correct match.  The same with Limbsaver.  You could probably call either one and they would help you find the correct pad.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 4:32:53 AM EDT
[#4]
remove the butt plate by way of the screws............and see if the factory pad is cut so part of it slips down into the stock.....I believe it does.............the screw holes in the stock are not flush with the end of the stock...........Hogue makes a pad that will be a close fit..........and it is an exact fit on a stevens 200 because the screw holes are flush with the end of the stock...........Those squishy pads are made a particular way..........when you remove it you will see what I am talking about..........
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Limbsaver makes a couple different ones for the Savage, Airtech recoil pad is part #10808, classic recoil pad is part #10112
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By catcatcher1:
remove the butt plate by way of the screws............and see if the factory pad is cut so part of it slips down into the stock.....I believe it does.............the screw holes in the stock are not flush with the end of the stock...........Hogue makes a pad that will be a close fit..........and it is an exact fit on a stevens 200 because the screw holes are flush with the end of the stock...........Those squishy pads are made a particular way..........when you remove it you will see what I am talking about..........
View Quote

Yes is does this exactly, do you know part #?
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Luny421:
Limbsaver makes a couple different ones for the Savage, Airtech recoil pad is part #10808, classic recoil pad is part #10112
View Quote

I’ll check this out thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#8]
SKU#: 00770    its a pretty close fit.........not perfect but looks decent...........I put one on a stock like yours and its liveable........
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:58:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FightingHellfish] [#9]
I think that’s a Gen 1 Accustock?

That squishy buttpad is nice.

I’ve never seen a “Precision Carbine” before. How’s it shoot?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
I think that’s a Gen 1 Accustock?

That squishy buttpad is nice.

I’ve never seen a “Precision Carbine” before. How’s it shoot?
View Quote

These came out about 2009, they came in 308 and 223. I got a killer deal on one in 308, got it to hunt with about 10 years ago. Since then I've probably killed 20 deer with it. It shoots sub MOA reliably. Only mod I had to do was to get rid of the Accutrigger. It sucks, I replaced it with a Timney and it's so much better. The butt pad is just OK, definitely can't hold up to regular use.

I'll check out that Hogue pad.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mgwantob:

These came out about 2009, they came in 308 and 223. I got a killer deal on one in 308, got it to hunt with about 10 years ago. Since then I've probably killed 20 deer with it. It shoots sub MOA reliably. Only mod I had to do was to get rid of the Accutrigger. It sucks, I replaced it with a Timney and it's so much better. The butt pad is just OK, definitely can't hold up to regular use.

View Quote

If you take to a gunsmith with pad fitting experience It will look factory............the toe is just a tad off.......but livable...........looks better than what you have............The screw holes line up, but are not punched through the pad itself..............I put one on a stevens 200 and it looks factory............I took the stevens 200 pad and replaced the squishey pad with it...........its slightly off at the toe.........again its livable..........I've had a bunch of savages...........have 3 right now..........I have a model 10 rebarelled in 300 AAC...........I had one in 6x45 too............I prefer the older pre accu trigger models.........replace with Timney and be done.........
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#12]

If you take to a gunsmith with pad fitting experience It will look factory............the toe is just a tad off.......but livable...........looks better than what you have............The screw holes line up, but are not punched through the pad itself..............I put one on a stevens 200 and it looks factory............I took the stevens 200 pad and replaced the squishey pad with it...........its slightly off at the toe.........again its livable..........I've had a bunch of savages...........have 3 right now..........I have a model 10 rebarelled in 300 AAC...........I had one in 6x45 too............I prefer the older pre accu trigger models.........replace with Timney and be done.........
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I got the Hogue pad in and it is indeed a suitable replacement, thanks! Had to find a couple longer screws but I was able to find a couple in my junk bins.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#13]

I got the Hogue pad in and it is indeed a suitable replacement, thanks! Had to find a couple longer screws but I was able to find a couple in my junk bins.
View Quote

Glad I was able to help you............I'm going to buy another one myself............
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:57:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mgwantob] [#14]

Glad I was able to help you............I'm going to buy another one myself............
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This will be my last Savage. After getting the old buttpad off, I realized they just stuffed a cheap block of styrofoam inside the stock. They also used cheap carbon steel wood screws for the original buttpad so they were all rusty. What piece of junk stock. At least the rifle is accurate I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#15]

This will be my last Savage. After getting the old buttpad off, I realized they just stuffed a cheap block of styrofoam inside the stock. They also used cheap carbon steel wood screws for the original buttpad so they were all rusty. What piece of junk stock. At least the rifle is accurate I suppose.
View Quote

they use styrofoam in those stocks.........I noticed that too..........I've got one of the hogue savage stocks inbound..........I see a lot of manufacturers using them as oem, Howa, Remington,, Savage and I believe Weatherby Vanguard............I want to give one a try.............
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Buy a Magpul and win!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top