Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2024 3:22:54 PM EDT
Holy shit. Just saw a video from shot show that the fnc rifle is coming from Indonesia this year. Never dreamed that would happen. Hope to learn more soon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 5:20:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Izhevsk54r] [#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
If it actually happens that will be awesome… curious how this might affect some of the efforts to make replacement bolts and other parts domestically.  I would also feel a lot less bad modding up a new import into an AK5 clone rather than original FNC.  

Anybody familiar with how the NFA FNCs were made?  Registered lower or ?  I imagine that the availability of parts even if from cannibalized new rifles will push prices up if nothing else.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Pindad Arms Unveils Factory-Built FNC Pistol for United States!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Boregonian:
If it actually happens that will be awesome… curious how this might affect some of the efforts to make replacement bolts and other parts domestically.  I would also feel a lot less bad modding up a new import into an AK5 clone rather than original FNC.  

Anybody familiar with how the NFA FNCs were made?  Registered lower or ?  I imagine that the availability of parts even if from cannibalized new rifles will push prices up if nothing else.
View Quote

Should be a registered sear in a semi FNC host.  My understanding is that there are more FNC sears than there are FNCs that can use them in the US. Maybe a myth that got repeated so much that is is accepted truth.
The wrinkle is if these are going to be importable as the pre-ban FNCs, or if there are additional FA denials added (like what HK does on their SP5s that makes them not sear ready, but PTRs do not have the same denials).
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:28:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Boregonian:

View Quote

S&H registered sears. Fleming registered receivers (upper receiver) and used unmarked sears that look identical to S&H registered sears.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top