Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2024 6:58:08 PM EDT
After a couple of months of debating on whether or not to get a semiautomatic shotgun and watching hundreds of videos.
Was planning on buying a 1301 but they are almost impossible to find in my area.
Ended up with a new m4.and looking for a few upgrades number one is mag tube.
Sound like full length is the way to go any opinions on what brand to look for and how a hard is it to change?
Also looking into mlock forend for ease of mounting a light light looks of midwestindustries any others I should consider?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Freedom Fighter Tactical.

They also have the 922(r) parts required to keep the gun legal  (should you choose to do so).
View Quote

Was already looking at them.
Any opinions on full length vs extensions
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d recommend Impact Weapon Components mount over MLOK forend.

It’ll save money and weight.

I carry a 14” M4 for work with a SF Scout light, GG&G bolt release and a few other parts

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:49:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgonot] [#4]
I went with the Freedom Fighter Tactical full length titanium magazine tube because it was readily available, not on back-order for months like other makers. Sure you could get an extension, but compare the appearance. Full length tube looks right because it is right. Extensions are just a fix, not what it is supposed to be. Removal of the original tube requires heat to break down the Loctite. I used a small propane torch and it worked flawlessly. DON'T worry ... it won't harm the finish or anything. Installation is simple, just screws right in.

If I had to choose a Mlok forend, I'd go with the Mesa Tactical Truckee 15".

Another vote for GG&G bolt release. It's a WELL worth while upgrade.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Personally I'd stay away from freedom fighter tactical. That guys prices are ridiculously high and from what I've read he's a bit of a tool.

For a full length tube I recommend the carrier comp titanium tube. It's very nice and a bit lighter.

They're not too difficult to swap out with a little heat.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:08:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgonot] [#6]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
Personally I'd stay away from freedom fighter tactical. That guys prices are ridiculously high and from what I've read he's a bit of a tool.

For a full length tube I recommend the carrier comp titanium tube. It's very nice and a bit lighter.

They're not too difficult to swap out with a little heat.
View Quote

Freedom Fighter Tactical tubes are typically IN STOCK and readily available. You'll have it within a week. That's probably why people pay more. I did and I love the tube. If someone wants to potentially wait for months and save $100, obviously that's their choice.

If he's a "tool", that's nice ... no one cares. That's an Ad Hominem fallacy anyway. Exactly what about their tubes suck? Yeah you mentioned "weight", but you're INCORRECT. On this page Carrier Comp claims their tube weighs 5.5 oz (155.92 g). Well Freedom Fighter Tactical claims their titanium tube weighs 152.68 g. Even though you were incorrect, you're quibbling over like 3 grams.

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
I’d recommend Impact Weapon Components mount over MLOK forend.

It’ll save money and weight.

I carry a 14” M4 for work with a SF Scout light, GG&G bolt release and a few other parts

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86935/IMG_3397_jpeg-3156631.JPG
View Quote

as someone who owns both, I can attest that there really is no need (at least for me) to have the full size handguard versus the IWC mount. another negative for the handguard replacement is that you can no longer disassemble the shotgun in the field because of the way it mounts.

if you want a good deal on the Midwest handguard, send me a private message.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:58:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#9]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Ended up ordering the freedom fighter steel tube I know it's heavier but not planning on humping this thing around primary use for home defense  and just running some drills.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone no the status with iwc ?
It just says 10days for in stock. Sent email with no response.
Is that 10 day lead time?
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By painterman:
Anyone no the status with iwc ?
It just says 10days for in stock. Sent email with no response.
Is that 10 day lead time?
View Quote

There was a disruption due to a death, not sure if that's been resolved yet.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#14]
^^^^^This...

I have been looking for months with no stock anywhere to be found. Condolences to his family and friends.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone tried the gg&g light mount?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:

View Quote

Agree.

I ordered the Truckee forend ($99) and Mesa side saddle from Mounting Solutions Plus and saved a good bit of money. Actually ordered two of each as I'm fixing up my MAC 1014's... picked them up from the PO just now.

FFT won't sell just the US made hammer to help stay 922(r) compliant, they try to make you buy a whole kit for over $300.00, I sourced two US made hammers for about $150.00 total.

I went with the $49 mag ext. vs. a way more expensive 1-piece... not worth it IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top