Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2024 9:36:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 302w]
I found this sitting on the used gun rack at my LGS, left, and had to come back to buy it. I have a high quality 22lr rifle, but this thing was too cute to pass up!

It came with a broken no-name scope and the 1917 lookalike sling was installed incorrectly. I bought a 4x15 Kmart scope for period correct and department store nostalgia (this was a department store gun).

This is a Marlin 60 variant.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the sling. It's kinda short and now that I've installed it correctly it doesn't feel "worn in".

I'm debating driving out the rear site to clean underneath it as well.

Other than that, I plan to sight it in and blast away!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot, have fun, repeat
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:14:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:37:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
Give it a good cleaning and check the buffer. They tend to dry out and crack.
View Quote

Thanks Mike. Old buffer looks quite good but I bought two spares. This hasn't been shot much.

(For everyone) can anyone reccomend a period correct scope for this rifle? My Kmart brand scope leaves much to be desired...lol.

I'm tempted to buy a vintage Weaver V22 but non-abused ones are a little pricey. I'd like to keep this low dollar.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:22:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MDStroup] [#5]
Originally Posted By 302w:

Thanks Mike. Old buffer looks quite good but I bought two spares. This hasn't been shot much.

(For everyone) can anyone reccomend a period correct scope for this rifle? My Kmart brand scope leaves much to be desired...lol.

I'm tempted to buy a vintage Weaver V22 but non-abused ones are a little pricey. I'd like to keep this low dollar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 302w:
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
Give it a good cleaning and check the buffer. They tend to dry out and crack.

I would suggest a old Japanese made tasco. Pick your flavor. I have a fixed 4x on my Marlin xt22vr as a stand in till I find something more fitting. Found it for $35 at a 2nd hand store while in Michigan. Absolutely love it so far. Only thing I really don't like is that it is a duplex reticle. I am not a fan of them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice!
Miss that dept store ammo.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I read this as "New-to-me girlfriend"

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]
So I dug into ye-olde parts bin and found an old 4x Redfield wide view that has been kicking around in parts bins since my grandfather owned it. I briefly used this on an airsoft M14 at one point.

Here is the rifle with my Kmart scope mounted and the future Redfield (which is backwards)

The Redfield feels like a $2000 Leupold compared to my Kmart scope. I had higher hopes for Japanese glass but I suppose it was a cheap scope even new.

I may look for a variable Weaver V22 at gunshows. I may also look for s slightly longer sling. I love the swivels on this and it helps make it a neat Model 60 variant.

I also like that this is an illegal assault weapon in my native state.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Good guns! I had one that was beat to shit when I got it in a package deal but it was very accurate and reliable. I gave it to my nephew and he loves it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Lucky, I've been looking for one for years.  The C model with the shorter barrel and the longer mag tube is hard to find, you don't see many of them around and most of the Cs seem to have come with the shorter mag tubes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I've finally settled on this scope. I picked up a Weaver J2.5 (fixed 2.5x) at a flea market for $25 with mount. It's a sturdy, heavy steel scope that looks "right" on it.

It's weird, magnification is pretty weak but very clear. On par with my Leupold scopes it seems.

I'd like more magnification but for now, this is getting sighted in.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top