Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2024 8:32:59 PM EDT
I asked this in the LE forum but didn’t get much traction, so I’m cross posting here.

I’ve been in a typical Bianchi basketweave belt for 14 years now and the biggest upgrade I’ve done is a Cobra buckle. I recently switched departments to one that is all about comfort vs uniformity and actually understands everyone is built different. I got the go ahead to look into a more “battle belt” type set up and have more or less settled on the Blue Force Gear GRID system. Anyone using this particular belt or similar? This is for standard patrol uses. It’ll have an esstac 40 degree pistol mag pouch, followed by an esstac double pistol mag pouch, an esstac mid length AR mag pouch, as well as my ASP and a set of cuffs on it. The rest is on my outer vest. I’ll also be using the BFG holster adapter with their leg strap

I already have a pretty solid, albeit old school battle I used in my SWAT days. Tactical Tailor inner cobra belt, Velocity systems outer belt, esstac, hsgi and tactical tailor pouches. It’s been a great set up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't know you moved. Then again it's been a while.
I've strayed from BFG because their CS has gone out of favor. I also haven't strayed from a 2 belt system. Does that belt allow for extra retention or are you ditching that in favor of padding?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:51:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kiltakaze] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stoner01:
I didn't know you moved. Then again it's been a while.
I've strayed from BFG because their CS has gone out of favor. I also haven't strayed from a 2 belt system. Does that belt allow for extra retention or are you ditching that in favor of padding?
View Quote

Doesn’t look like keepers would work. Loop inner belt with hook on the outer. And I’ll be opting for the cobra buckle.

Moved about 6 mos ago. Been a great decision
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:19:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#3]
I went with the Blue Alpha 1.75" belt (2-piece with their inner EDC belt) and it's been great. I looked at MOLLE, but decided to just get a slick belt and use Velcro One-Wrap to attach everything. No regrets there. I can put stuff wherever I want and it stays super tight. I don't use belt keepers with it, but could if I wanted to. I had trouble getting the metal Cobra buckle to release at first, so I doubt somebody could release it during a struggle. I got the buckle with the extra D-ring so I can put a line on it if I need to. The coyote brown matches my office uniform, and I like it so much I got another one in MultiCam for my SWAT gear.

They offer a 2" belt, but only in black (or ranger green if you get the Lite version).

https://www.bluealphabelts.com/product-category/range-and-duty-belts/

I've got a Safariland holster and mostly Esstac pouches.
This one is pretty great on the range: https://esstac.com/magnet-40-angled-single-pistol-kywi-pouch/
I use it for my third mag, in front of my holster, and the magnet is great for administrative reloads.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:

Doesn’t look like keepers would work. Loop inner belt with hook on the outer. And I’ll be opting for the cobra buckle.

Moved about 6 mos ago. Been a great decision
View Quote

Hit me up with where youre at now if you want.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The local PDs and SOs in my area have all gone external carriers with all their equipment on the carrier.  The only thing on their belts is their duty holster and handgun.

Just thinking way outside of the traditional box....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top