Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2024 9:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtb33]
Looks like we've got a new belt fed from OOW.  The videos depict full auto only and there is no mention of a semi-auto, but OOW has a history of offering their rifles in both full auto and semi-auto.  So...  maybe?

Join the Ohio Ordnance Works team at SHOT Show 2024, booth 70405 and experience the Recoil Enhanced Automatic Precision Rifle (REAPR)   a revolution in modern military general purpose machine guns (GPMG). Designed to exceed SOCOM military specifications while delivering a unique combination of accuracy, reliability, durability, and field maintainability. The REAPR represents critical innovations in firearms technology with advancements for all military ground forces.

REAPR Features: Lightweight, highly portable battlefield suppression system chambered in .338 Norma Magnum with a 7.62 NATO conversion kit, simple and robust receiver, toolless field stripping, and one-handed barrel changes. A system that breakdowns into three major components in under ten seconds, small enough to fit into an operator's backpack!
View Quote

https://www.oowinc.com/pr01172024/

Introducing the Ohio Ordnance REAPR .338NM Belt-Fed Machine Gun

[FULL BREAKDOWN] Ohio Ordnance REAPR .338 NM Belt-Fed Machine Gun

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
How much???
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jd2395:
How much???
View Quote
Not sure if they have released prices yet.  I can't find them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:52:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TREETOP] [#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TREETOP:

Looks like this is a machine gun trying for a Military contract.
View Quote
That appears to be true...  not much detail on it; though OOW has a history of selling belt feds in both semi and full auto.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:27:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Bolt group is pure MG42.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
The name acronym is so 2010’s cringe, but otherwise pretty  neat on the barrel changes and feed tray.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Haha, man, absolutely true on the name... between this and the WVM&#N or whatever the Desert Tech rifle is, it's freaking painful.  Once again, I blame Springfield and their "Hellion" for the whole debacle.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Ohio Ordnance Works Teases REAPR 338 Norma Machine Gun – Is This Its SOCOM LMG-M Offering?

https://sadefensejournal.com/ohio-ordnance-works-teases-reapr-338-norma-machine-gun-is-this-its-socom-lmg-m-offering/

Ohio Ordnance Works just sent out a press release inviting interested parties to look at its new REAPR Recoil Enhanced Automatic Precision Rifle at SHOT Show 2024. This is happening against the backdrop of SOCOM’s search for its Lightweight Machinegun Medium (LMG-M). With all of the attention focused on SIG Sauer’s delivery of MG 338 machine guns to SOCOM in 2020, it seemed like the force had made its choice.

But, we’re getting backchannels reports that SOCOM’s purchase of an unreported number of SIG MG 338s was for a small number of evaluation guns and that its LMG-M competition continues.

We are aware that the SOCOM competition was down to three systems offered by SIG Sauer, Lone Star Future Weapons, and Ohio Ordnance Works and we’d seen press about two of the entrants, but OOW had yet to reveal any information publicly about its weapon system until today.

Along with an public invitation to see the REAPR at the company’s exhibition booth 70405 at SHOT Show 2024, it also said photos and a specification sheet will be made available next week.

While OOW refers to the REAPR as, “a revolution in modern military general purpose machine guns (GPMG)” and not a “lightweight medium machinegun” per se, it goes on to say the weapon is, “Designed to exceed SOCOM military specifications,” a clear indication of the company’s positioning REAPR for use by Special Operations Command.

While few details were offered, OOW shared the following features:

Lightweight Design
Chambered in 338 Norma Magnum
Compatible with a 7.62 NATO conversion kit
Simple and robust receiver
Tool-less field stripping
One-handed barrel changes
Modular, transportable design that breaks downs into three components in under ten seconds

OOW says REAPR is available now in small quantities with full volume production beginning April 2024.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#10]
That gun looks awesome.  The short and slide out feed tray is a great idea, as there’s no reason you need to flip up the whole top of the receiver on a belt fed, just the feed section.  Looks cool too.

I wonder how the accuracy is, as since it’s recoil operated, the barrel probably moves back, like a M2, and that would make it more difficult to have it be accurate.  But the video I watched didn’t go into the cycling mechanics besides saying it was recoil not gas operated.  

I hope it’s offered in a semi model.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks neat.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 1stID:
That gun looks awesome.  The short and slide out feed tray is a great idea, as there’s no reason you need to flip up the whole top of the receiver on a belt fed, just the feed section.  Looks cool too.

I wonder how the accuracy is, as since it’s recoil operated, the barrel probably moves back, like a M2, and that would make it more difficult to have it be accurate.  But the video I watched didn’t go into the cycling mechanics besides saying it was recoil not gas operated.  

I hope it’s offered in a semi model.
View Quote

Looks to be a modernized MG42. The bolt group is 100% MG42.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#13]
There's a YouTube video about the REAPR, from I "WarriorPoet" or some such handle, that shows it being fired, and a rep from OOW talking about it.  I was hoping there would be some detailed discussions about how it fired, accuracy, any issues, etc., but was more a music video slow motion pineapples being shot type video.

It does look awesome.  I'd buy one if it's ever made in semi.  If OOW makes a semi 240 you'd think they'd make this one in semi too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#14]
It already has a "semi" function on the safety.  I would think that the internals could be made with minimal changes so that the "full" slot didn't work.

Here's to hoping.

Doc
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DocGP:
It already has a "semi" function on the safety.  I would think that the internals could be made with minimal changes so that the "full" slot didn't work.

Here's to hoping.

Doc
View Quote

I would assume it's open bolt, as just about all belt fed MG's are, to keep from having cook offs in the chamber, and to allow for more barrel cooling.  I could look at the video of it in use, but too lazy to hunt for it.

So, OOH would need to make it closed bolt, as open bolts are considered MG's by the ATF.

I don't see that as being a problem for them - they designed it, so they should be able to figure out how to have a non-fixed firing pin in the bolt, and add in a hammer and sear.  Since they sell a M240 that has to be closed bolt too, I'm sure they can do it on this one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top