Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2024 11:01:12 AM EDT
So I have been tasked by a relative to setup his .17 Varmint Express with an optic. I will be purchasing a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 unless there's a better, cheaper (the Vortex can be had for just over $100) option for him. What rings (and possibly base?) do I need to make that setup work?

I'm about as unfamiliar with lever actions as you can get.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Burris has a good rimfire in 3x9.  Are you mounting a pic rail or using the dovetail?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Krazydaddy2:
Burris has a good rimfire in 3x9.  Are you mounting a pic rail or using the dovetail?
View Quote

I'll take a look at the Burris. I'm open to using either a pic rail or the dovetail. Is there an advantage to using one over the other?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Some people don’t like a pic rail on a lever.   Dip makes a rail for Henry rifles.  Tallly makes great dovetail rings that will not ned the pic rail.   I had to go through this with my daughter and her lever action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top