Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2024 7:46:43 PM EDT
Any recommendations for optics for the X95? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:57:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#1]
The X95 has a lower optics rail, so an optics setup that would provide a 1/3 cowitness on an AR would provide an appx absolute cowitness on an X95 so plan accordingly.
Most of the Meprolight line (RDS, RDS Pro, RDS Pro v2, M21, Tru Vision) were designed specifically w/the X95's lower optic rail height in mind and provide a 1/3 cowitness right out of the box.

My personal favorite for the X95 is the Tru Vision, supposedly designed for the IDF's hostage rescue teams. Has the usual 12 daylight/4 NV manual brightness settings, clear window w/no parallax, shake awake & auto-shutoff and uses a CR123 (which is nice, same battery as my WML), but what sets it apart from most other optics is an auto-adjust setting to automatically adjust the reticle brightness for changing ambient light conditions (like light to dark, dark to light or when using a WML). I really like this feature and have yet to encounter a situation where this setting failed to provide a usable reticle, even with a 1k lumen WML at close range against a white background.
Cost is reasonable as well, got mine for less than $450/ea.
HTH...
ETA: Hats-off to FullAssault for introducing me to the Tru Vision!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
X2 on the tru vision

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:25:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The weird rail height led me to primary 1x prism. Comes with a bunch of different risers to find the height that worked best
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a RDS Pro V2 on mine as it’s decent and fits the part. The TruVision dot disappears near the sides and corners…
Video of disappearing dot
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By colt-fan:
The weird rail height led me to primary 1x prism. Comes with a bunch of different risers to find the height that worked best
View Quote

I did the same. I actually use a cheapo 1/2" riser with the optic on a QD. This way if needed, I can ditch the optic and use the flip ups built into the rail.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
I use a RDS Pro V2 on mine as it’s decent and fits the part. The TruVision dot disappears near the sides and corners…
Video of disappearing dot
View Quote

I have yet to experience this in any practical application of the optic.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tomac: I have yet to experience this in any practical application of the optic.
View Quote

Me neither, but strangely it's there unlike other red dots and a potential buyer should know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top