Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2024 8:03:27 PM EDT
Now that the Gen 2 MH25 is available, I wanted to revisit this topic and see what the options might be for bridging with a PVS-14.  I'm looking to mount the MH25 on the left, and the PVS-14 on the right, to simplify passive aiming at night.  
It sounds like they've revamped the MH25 to be more compatible with PVS-14 mounts and geometry, but I'm not certain how many of the Gen 1 bridging problems are still there.

1. Given the difficulties people have with their eyes "fusing" thermal and I2 images, would something like a Noisefighters Panobridge make more sense?  I.e. don't try to fuse the images at all, and minimize their overlap.  Might be kind of weird as you'd have to turn your head back and forth to cover the area in front of you.

2. Am I going to need some kind of individually-adjustable eye relief between the two optics?  I thought the KVC bridge was about the only system that enabled you to do that, but maybe there are other options now.  Or maybe the Gen 2 is compatible enough with the PVS-14 geometry to not require it any more.

3.  I remember there being some issues with battery compartment interference in the Thermal-Left I2-Right config that necessitated finding "obverse shoes" and other holy relics.  Has this situation gotten any better, or are other options available?

Appreciate any insights from folks who've tried this out!
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got an MH25 v1 bridged with an Aurora Pro so the mounting won't apply - but as far as needing to turn your head.... the thermal and NV images are only slightly offset by inches on my setup. I can "meld" both devices.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:11:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pumbaajk] [#2]
I have the noisefighter bridge and it works well.

I got mine from Scott at Nocturnality.

eta
I am bridging the rh25 and a pvs14.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
The new ravin bridge should work for this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked the noisefighter bridge, I had to kick the MH25 out 10 degrees or so and then the image would match. When walking the refresh rate will shows up bad. I'm left eye dominate so that is where I ran my 14. It works and you can detect from waaaaaay farther with the MH25.

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#5]
RAYVN group.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top