Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2024 2:06:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms]
I have a P365xl and love it.

I'm considering picking up the smaller P365 for pocket carry with something like a Vedder pocket carry holster.

If pocket carry was the primary purpose, would that be a good reason to get the manual safety version?

What say all you?

Thanks

PS: it seems more cost effective to just buy an additional P365 instead of a frame and complete slide and transferring the FCU.  Am I wrong on that?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That's what I've done. I just trained a bunch with it, after adding the safety. I'm not one of those people worried about forgetting to flip it off when I need it.

Ultimately, if it had the same trigger safety like a glock I wouldn't have added the safety.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
A-Holster is a better pocket holster.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
My Ruger LCP that I daily pocket carry has no safety at all.  But I do carry it in a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
A-Holster is a better pocket holster.
View Quote

This. Attachment Attached File

I use an A-Holster for my P365 as well. No manual safety needed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 3:14:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brawnydog] [#5]
Absolutely not, especially with an Alabama Holster.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 3:20:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macumazahn] [#7]
I prefer a manual safety.   Anyone who has carried a 1911 is used to flicking it off when your draw.  I like the extra level of safety.

My oldest is looking for a carry gun and she also likes the manual safety.  It limits your choices though including taking out any glocks.  

I’ve used a sticky holster but Aholster is better for pocket carry.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#8]

How many safety's do you need?  

I would not own a 365 with one.  

Been pocket carrying this for somewhere around 5 yrs.  It's a very early example.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve never been a fan of manual safeties on pistols.  When I picked up a P365 the only option was with the manual safety.  I don’t have to use it, but after familiarizing myself with it, I like it on the P365
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the manual safety pocket carry or belt holster. Some don’t and that’s fine, but it’s my balls the gun is next too so I go with the safety. One of many reasons I ditched the LCP max was no safety.
Also, don’t get pigeon holed into just 1 pocket holster. Get a few different ones and you’ll find the best combination for the pants or shorts that you are wearing. It’s amazing that one particular holster can feel like your carrying a brick in the pants of the day but another one blends perfectly with the pocket and feels like it disappears.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PewPewPew1212:
I’ve never been a fan of manual safeties on pistols.  When I picked up a P365 the only option was with the manual safety.  I don’t have to use it, but after familiarizing myself with it, I like it on the P365
View Quote

You can delete it. The P365 is able to add or remove the safety no matter the version you will just need to buy a new module if you are deleting the safety. If you are adding the safety you will need the safety parts kit and you will need to either buy a new module or cut your existing module for the manual safety. I really like that Sig set the P365 FCU to be modified in way that allows the end user to decide to add or delete a safety. I wish the P320 module was like this. If you have a safety on the P320 you can delete it but you can't add a safety to a non-safety cut FCU.

How to remove and install the SIG Sauer P365 manual safety assembly.

Sig P365 Manual Safety Conversion Installation
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:56:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File
Even with a safety, i feel better having the trigger covered while in my pocket. I use a raven concealment vanguard for iwb or just a kydex trigger guard for inside the pocket.

You can attach the lanyard to a belt loop or something.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ve got the xl version with a safety.  I sometimes pocket carry that, so yes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rrbgeb:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30981/9723_JPG-1107841.jpg

How many safety's do you need?  

I would not own a 365 with one.  

Been pocket carrying this for somewhere around 5 yrs.  It's a very early example.
View Quote

Same here, left front pocket.

Occasional issue, though. Every now and again the mag release gets tripped.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I prefer a kydex pocket holster for mine as well as the safety. I think I got it from PJ's holster? maybe?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top