Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2024 8:32:41 AM EDT
So I settled on an Omega for my 300 Blackout Spear LT. Gonna drop the anchor brake, install the plan B, and run a Cherry bomb for the shortest QD set up I can figure.

But my brain calls for redundancy within systems and calls for me to install the Plan B system on my Turbo K with compatible muzzle devices on my 5.56 guns so that if the worst should happen and my Turbo is down I can still run the Omega.

From what I have read the concensus seems to be that the Cherry bomb is a fantastic suppressor mount but a less then optimal muzzle device. I was looking at Rearden devices for my 5.56 guns and was lost in the sea of options. I've been told brakes function better then FH within the suppressor but which brake?

Anything else I should look at?

Also shout out to Hansohn Brothers, thank you for a clean and easily digestible website. Made the surf much easier.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Liberty Precision Machine also makes Plan B compatible muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 8:43:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: seamasterpro] [#2]
I'm partial to Rearden flash hiders, they have many options depending on what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a list being compiled on reddit that has all that I'm aware of so far. There are other manufactures out there making hub adapters as well,  like diligent defense and ECCO.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/mcz1np/trying_to_compile_list_of_plan_b_compatible/
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for Rearden and LPM here. I have various FHs and MBs from both companies.

Also, the FCD/Revival Defense one is nice too:

https://www.revivaldefense.com/6315rf
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Voodoo5:
Another vote for Rearden and LPM here. I have various FHs and MBs from both companies.

Also, the FCD/Revival Defense one is nice too:

https://www.revivaldefense.com/6315rf
View Quote

@Voodoo5

Any feedback over either Rearden as a stand alone?
Notice any difference between the FH or MB when the cam is on?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve got several Rearden devices and adapters and a pile of cherry bombs. I don’t shoot much without the suppressors so I can’t help with that question.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SemperShadow:

@Voodoo5

Any feedback over either Rearden as a stand alone?
Notice any difference between the FH or MB when the cam is on?
View Quote

As far as a strictly standalone device, I really like the muzzle brakes (Rearden SPB). My intention for this one was to be used for hunting purposes. It is a simple, lightweight single chamber brake. It doesn't make the light-to-medium weight profile barrels feel end-heavy like some other brakes out there. The Rearden PRS looks good, but I don't have one yet so I cannot comment on it. Also, I have their R2S and FHD flash hiders and I like them too, with the FHD being my favorite. I've not really shot them too much at low light/night. So I don't really know which one is "better" at flash hiding.

I really cannot distinguish between the FHs or MBs when the can is on. Atleast not enough for me to be swayed one way or another.

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Forward Controls Design 6315RF is the best Ive used.  Pretty much an A2 FH
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Machine_gunner22:
We make the Night Howler flash hider that is plan b compatible. It is similar to an A1 flash hider and has wrench flats on the rear to keep it from getting stuck in the mount.
View Quote

Can confirm these work very well. Have 2 of them and use them with my EA ARX can.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#11]
We make the Night Howler flash hider that is plan b compatible. It is similar to an A1 flash hider and has wrench flats on the rear to keep it from getting stuck in the mount.
View Quote

This is a very nice product, for the reasons given. I love a short/light/simple mount.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:
I'm partial to Rearden flash hiders, they have many options depending on what you're looking for.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I have rearden devices on basicly all my guns. I almost never shoot them unsupressed so i cant comment on how they work unsupressed.

Mostly i used the FHD becouse it was small, light and simple. But then they came out with the R2S or something like that. It resembles a normal birdcage flash hider and i really like it.

In my bolt gun i run their minimalsit Mini which is nice. Basicly it is like running direct thread but i can use all my cans withtapper mounts, the tapper mount feels more secure to me than direct thread andi dont ever mess with a thread protector
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Voodoo5:

As far as a strictly standalone device, I really like the muzzle brakes (Rearden SPB). My intention for this one was to be used for hunting purposes. It is a simple, lightweight single chamber brake. It doesn't make the light-to-medium weight profile barrels feel end-heavy like some other brakes out there. The Rearden PRS looks good, but I don't have one yet so I cannot comment on it. Also, I have their R2S and FHD flash hiders and I like them too, with the FHD being my favorite. I've not really shot them too much at low light/night. So I don't really know which one is "better" at flash hiding.

I really cannot distinguish between the FHs or MBs when the can is on. Atleast not enough for me to be swayed one way or another.

View Quote

Another alternative:

I finally got a hold of an FPM Gunworks M-80 muzzle brake. This is machined out a little more than the SPB and weighs a little less.  It’s fairly minimal, slim & short & nicely machined & finished.  Pretty loud without the suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Will these work with 9MM? I’d love to use this with an Omega 9K.

Has anyone shot the Rearden 3 prong at night stand alone?  I’m curious about the flash. I wish someone made something along the lines of a Vortex, or the like that was Plan B compatible.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:

Will these work with 9MM? I’d love to use this with an Omega 9K.

Has anyone shot the Rearden 3 prong at night stand alone?  I’m curious about the flash. I wish someone made something along the lines of a Vortex, or the like that was Plan B compatible.
View Quote

I've not had the chance to shoot the Rearden 3 prong at night yet.

Also, while not a traditional Smith Vortex, the new FCD flash hider design (3P15 and 3P10) looks appealing for 5.56 and 7.62 at night.

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/3P15-12-x-28_p_550.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:44:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Yes, the center bore on these is just over 0.45" so 9mm is good to go.
View Quote

Thank you, order placed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top