Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2024 11:06:29 AM EDT
I replaced the broken buffer and to my eye it appears that the back of the firing pin is not protruding enough.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:10:11 AM EDT
[#1]
The buffer is sticking out past the end of the bolt a bit further than most I've seen, which probably would reduce momentum to the firing pin.

If you cleaned out any debris from the bolt before fully inserting the new buffer, and drilled the new hole through the buffer without it moving rearward (clamped with a C-clamp works well for this), then it "should" work.

The only way you'll know for sure is to do several "bang tests". If it doesn't consistently fire, you'll need to remove the new buffer and carefully remove some material from its rear (strike) surface. Remember that the buffer needs to protrude slightly from the end of the bolt in order to work.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top