Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:30:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnCarter17] [#1]
Deleted, wrong thread.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#2]
If anyone knows of a source for German Bundeswehr LKS system (OD Green plastic coupler on pouch/bag) Shoulder Straps, I'd be obliged.

Approx 1" wide shoulder strap has an LKS "female coupler" panel on both ends, each panel with 4 large grommets, and the panels couple to the OD plastic LKS "male coupler" usually found on pouch/bag.

Please LMK if found.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:19:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnCarter17] [#3]
It sounds like you are asking for a strap with the grommett/LKS belt attachments (not the plastic on the back of a pouch).  If so, and you can't find it, you might want to get a couple LKS Alice adapters to repurpose and sew what you need on your strap.

LKS Alice adapter
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnCarter17:
It sounds like you are asking for a strap with the grommett/LKS belt attachments (not the plastic on the back of a pouch).  If so, and you can't find it, you might want to get a couple LKS Alice adapters to repurpose and sew what you need on your strap.

LKS Alice adapter
View Quote
TYVM for useful suggestion.  

I have many such adaptors.  Just looking for original BW LKS system shoulder straps.  Apparently, hard to find as a separate item.

I may be able to make some, but it would be much easier to find some original LKS pattern shoulder straps.

TYVM for kind and useful comments.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you will need a lot of luck finding just the strap.

At this point, I would send emails to a couple places that have lots of Bundeswehr surplus, like Hessen Antique and inquire if they have one hanging around.

Otherwise, you need to get a Gas Mask bag for the strap, but I think you already have one...

German Gas Mask Bag
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:40:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnCarter17:
I think you will need a lot of luck finding just the strap.

At this point, I would send emails to a couple places that have lots of Bundeswehr surplus, like Hessen Antique and inquire if they have one hanging around.

Otherwise, you need to get a Gas Mask bag for the strap, but I think you already have one...
e
German Gas Mask Bag
View Quote
Good suggestions!  

I've contacted some vendors and scoured Ebay to no avail.  I can make LKS-type shoulder straps, and also make LKS>ALICE/PALS adaptors, but buying them is less hassle.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:21:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#7]
As far as LKS German pattern flecktarn stuff is concerned, one will either use items with identical LKS pattern belts/shoulder harnesses or buy/make adaptors suitable for ALICE/MOLLE platforms for individual pouches.  These adaptors can be bought or fairly easily made.

Those favoring German flectarn pattern items have some choices amongst later German and/or Chinese items which have MOLLE/PALS attachments.  Latest batch of MOLLE/PALS mag pouches I bought were labeled "STURM-Made in China".

Not entirely thrilled with items being "Made in China".  YMMV.  I'd buy original German surplus, if it suits your needs, and if you can make it work for you. Chinese stuff; not at all so confident as to durability.

ETA: Second LKS-pattern Bundeswehr "Butt Pack" finally arrived from NZ.  I'll play around with the whole set of items, including Canteen, Mag, and other pouches.  German BW chest/shoulder harness has a platform on rear of shoulders/back which will allow attachment of some LKS pattern items, depending on their width. Surely a "Buttpack" can be attached there, and possibly a "Gas Mask" bag, which is somewhat larger in capacity, but has a plastic tab-over-pointed-plastic-stud which can be hard to secure.

This German BW rig, with Buttpack on rear shoulders and another below on belt, might be OK for limited duration.  Sort of similar to M-1956 USGI rig, which was eventually discarded, although such M-1956 cotton canvas "upper back" attachment devices can still be found for fairly cheap.   The M-1956 GI "upper back" attachment points on the shoulder harness/belt were made so that they interlocked with existing GI shoulder harness and the "Upper" butt pack could be doffed fairly quickly.  While such GI items were eventually discontinued for various reasons, such auxiliary attachment devices might be useful to folks who are better trained in their usefulness than VietWar GIs, most of whom had scant training with their gear.

I think that sort of "versatility" is well worth considering.  Suitable attachment points for such carriers on shoulder harness are easy and cheap to do.  The "easily doff-able" harness for upper pack is also easy and cheap to make.

Back from sideways digression about USGI M-1956 gear!

Don't get me wrong, please.  I'm NOT suggesting this sort of ancient German Bundeswehr gear to anyone.   The German LKS attachment system has been, like many other nation's attachment systems, been supplanted to the far more useful, and universally used PALS system.

I'm pursuing this German Bundeswehr LKS-attachment thing mostly out of curiosity, and to see how such LKS attachments can be used with MOLLE/PALS gear instead of throwing away such decently made items.  Waste Not; Want Not. If I can make either "sew able" adaptors, or "no-sew"
adaptors to allow adaptation of LKS German items onto ALICE/PALS platforms, I'll report back.  Again, Waste Not, Want Not.

German Bundeswehr LKS pattern gear would NOT be my immediate selection of gear, but perhaps those having such items might find my observations useful, and thus be able to "Re-Purpose" such items along with more modern platforms.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top