Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2024 9:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3one5]
I really wanted a semi-auto shotgun that I could swap a longer barrel on to for bird hunting and finally landed on the Benelli M2 Tactical.  Found this one here on EE and it looks brand new.  I tossed a Nordic extension on it along with Scalarworks RMR mount.  I have an Agency Arms forend on the way.

Finally got a chance tonight to get it out and do some shooting.  I put 100 rounds of cheap birdshot through it and 50 rounds of 00 buckshot.  Not a single malfunction, which surprised me with the cheap birdshot.  Very happy with this shotgun.

1 1/8oz 7 1/2 shot
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!!  What choke tube you running?  What did it cost without the extension?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blain:
Very nice!!  What choke tube you running?  What did it cost without the extension?
View Quote

I was shooting with the improved cylinder choke. Paid $1k shipped.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Have never had a malf with mine.  Also have an RMR mounted, fwiw.

You might like this (Redneck Tactical bolt release)
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:
Have never had a malf with mine.  Also have an RMR mounted, fwiw.

You might like this (Redneck Tactical bolt release)
View Quote

After everything I read I fully expected it to choke on the cheap birdshot but was pleasantly surprised.  I use the push pull method when shooting so I don't know if that has any kind of impact on how the gun operates.  Anyway, I brought a pile of buckshot along thinking that's all I'd be able to reliably shoot.

That bolt release looks pretty sick.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Love the M2.

The stock is on the long side.  Mesa Tactical makes a shorter stock for it that is a lot more affordable than the Benelli youth stock.

Be sure to use the stock shims to adjust drop and cast to you.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Reliability ‘issues’ with the Benelli M2 are WAY overblown on the internet. I own three - including one with easily more than 7,500 shells through it - and they are fantastically reliable with all sorts of ammunition. This gun is actually 100% reliable with the Federal Top Gun Extra Lite 7/8 oz 12 gauge shell. They do however require a couple cases through them to be fully broken in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Rail installed, just need a light.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#9]
M2s are so reliable they are boring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top