Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2024 10:58:19 PM EDT
What seems to be an excellent condition HK94 converted to an MP5. Barrel is not threaded, no tri lug.  Semi-auto shelf is still in tact, with a Group Industries trigger pack.  Receiver is registered, not the sear.

I can't find any similar examples that have sold within the past few years.   Any idea what this might bring today?

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
28K?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Green_Label:
What seems to be an excellent condition HK94 converted to an MP5. Barrel is not threaded, no tri lug.  Semi-auto shelf is still in tact, with a Group Industries trigger pack.  Receiver is registered, not the sear.

I can't find any similar examples that have sold within the past few years.   Any idea what this might bring today?
View Quote

FWIW: This style of H&K conversion is considered to be the least desirable of the various methods which were available prior to 5/19/86. You have described it very well. The one factor which keeps it off of the very bottom of desirability is that its proprietary auto sear was made by Group Industries (a recognized brand), not just some random guy in his garage.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I would think that $30K is about the limit today.

There was a push pin MP5 of similar conversion "condition" that sold on Sturm a week or two ago for $35K.

Given the less desirable clip on arrangement I would think $30K is probably about the limit and if you wanted to sell it reasonably timeframe you are probably sub $30K pricing especially if it was an individual on a F4 sale.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:23:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RenegadeX] [#5]

View Quote

This is considered an improper registration by ATF. You are supposed to register the part that actually converts the firearm to F/A.

I would pass.

edited for more detail.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

This is considered an improper registration by ATF. You are supposed to register the part that actually converts the firearm to F/A.

I would pass.

edited for more detail.
View Quote

I believe that is incorrect, as that would then be a registered sear.  This conversion is married to the host.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:21:57 AM EDT
[#7]

I believe that is incorrect, as that would then be a registered sear.  This conversion is married to the host.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

I would pass.

edited for more detail.

You're both correct, in that a gun in this configuration should have had the conversion sear registered as the machine gun, not the unmodified semi auto receiver. That is why this gun is an improper registration, because the conversion part (the sear) is not the registered part.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#8]
To clarify:  A registered receiver with a modified trigger pack is the least desirable version as the two items can never be separated.  The modified trigger pack would be an unregistered conversion device if removed from the registered receiver.

If you want to see more details, click the LINK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top