Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2024 12:05:19 AM EDT

I just ordered a Ruger LC Charger in 5.7 with the intent of making it an SBR . I really like the A3 Tactical stocks , in particular the MODULAR FOLDING STOCKS - PICATINNY (1913) MOUNT.  With the grip of the Charger being pretty far forward, what length would you recommend for a guy that is 6 feet with normal ( non gorilla length) arms. They recommend 7.75 for most guns, but I am wondering if that may be long for the Ruger LC Carbine

Any thoughts or alternates are welcome

Thank you in Advance
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By FNGfromGA:

I just ordered a Ruger LC Charger in 5.7 with the intent of making it an SBR . I really like the A3 Tactical stocks , in particular the MODULAR FOLDING STOCKS - PICATINNY (1913) MOUNT.  With the grip of the Charger being pretty far forward, what length would you recommend for a guy that is 6 feet with normal ( non gorilla length) arms. They recommend 7.75 for most guns, but I am wondering if that may be long for the Ruger LC Carbine

Any thoughts or alternates are welcome

Thank you in Advance
View Quote

Those are very similar to the JMAC customs 1913 mount folder I have on my AP5-P. Length of pull isn't the longest on them.

I have the PC Charger in 9mm that I SBR'd and am using a Mission First Minimalist stock with buffer tube for now. The Charger is a heavy gun so some mass on the rear helps with balance.  The overall look seems to fit well and I like the adjustability.

I installed a vertical grip on it but after using it for awhile, I think I'm gonna go with an angled, aluminum one I can wrap my hand around.  

Have fun with your new gun!!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
@FNGfromGA did you figure this out? I'm thinking about going this same route.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I ended up got the brace route while I decide to SBR or not . This is the one I purchased.

brace
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:08:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: inGobwetrust] [#4]
I went with This with a 7” arm.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top