Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2023 3:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JarrettH]
Has anyone had a positive experience w/ them over the past 6 months?

Placed an order in mid-September 2022 to have a lower, upper, handguard coated. They don't have a phone number listed (that works) & aren't responding to emails.

They were recommended by this section of the forum...

***Update 4/16/24***

There is a case number with the Harris County Sheriff's Dept. for those that have not been able to get their items and payment back: #2309-07418

There is an assigned investigator at the Harris County Sheriff's Dept. that is working on compiling all those affected by Redacted Concepts LLC (Sal Carrillo) before presenting to DA, over the course of the next month. You can contact the Sheriff's dept. directly and likely play phone tag, or join the facebook group where he's provided an email to forward your order documents directly. Those submit documents after 5/15/24 may not be eligible for restitution.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/778153934109519/

***Update 4/4/23***

Sal Carrillo's FFL has been revoked on unrelated issues. He is actively trying to get it reinstated.

***Update below 11/29/23***

For Context, this is in reference to the facebook group for those that had their stuff stolen.

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Follow them on their facebook page or group.

The contact number is there somewhere.

I'm in the same boat as well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nj0ywatch1np0rn:
Follow them on their facebook page or group.

The contact number is there somewhere.

I'm in the same boat as well.
View Quote

I'm not on facebook but this number is out of service.

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
They just reached out w/ an updated eta. All is well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 4:14:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JarrettH] [#4]
Bumping this thread for visibility & an update.

I'm close to hitting 11 months from the initial order date for a single color cerakote of a receiver set & handguard. The phone number listed on Redacted's facebook profile is indeed disconnected & I haven't been able to get a email response for 3+ months. Redacted sent out an email to customers/subscribers on June 9th stating that they were actually accepting new orders.

There is also a Reddit thread with many others experiencing the same issues listed above. https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/10rebb0/does_anybody_have_experience_with_redacted/

Two months ago Sal indicated he had less than 40 orders in the shop (link above), while their email stated they were getting 5-10 orders out per week.

Sharing for those considering Redacted Concepts.

-Jarrett
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:46:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#5]
Do they already have your parts?

That’s unacceptable. My guy always quotes longer than he ever takes. We’re talking a few weeks and he’s had gun manufacturers dump hundreds of guns on him at once.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:54:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JarrettH] [#6]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Do they already have your parts?

That’s unacceptable. My guy always quotes longer than he ever takes. We’re talking a few weeks and he’s had gun manufacturers dump hundreds of guns on him at once.
View Quote

He does. I think it’s obvious if everyone was told 6-11 months, we would have elected to either stay or choose another service provider. I was notified in May that my parts were “prepped & pending paint.” May was 8 months past the order date.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JarrettH:

He does. I think it’s obvious if everyone was told 6-11 months, we would have elected to either stay or choose another service provider. I was notified in May that my parts were “prepped & pending paint.” May was 8 months past the order date.
View Quote

I’d agree it’s obvious but that’s good info to include. That makes it borderline theft if he’s not responding. I noticed he quit posting in the FDE and ODG Facebook groups too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#8]
***Update 8/10/23***

This has been escalated to a stolen firearm.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#9]
***Update September 5, 2023***

Finding out now that many upon many are dealing w/ the same issue & have contacted law enforcement. Below is a facebook group that provides information -

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#10]
That really stinks. Are you getting any support from local law enforcement or the ATF?
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 6:19:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JarrettH] [#11]
Originally Posted By MarkBinSC:
That really stinks. Are you getting any support from local law enforcement or the ATF?
View Quote

I'm learning there is a pile of police reports on the issue stacking up, but I have yet to speak w/ an investigator. The FB group has people that haven't received their stuff since mid 2022 & it looks like the tax id associated w/ the LLC was forfeit last year. I can't think of any other way to label this outside of theft. The ATF doesn't deal w/ individuals directly when reporting stolen firearms, their support system is setup for FFL's, although a complaint has been filed about the situation.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Over 13 months since Redacted Concepts LLC received payment & my firearm/parts.

Sal Carrillo of Redacted has been silent on social media for the past 3-4 months, but just started posting cerakote pictures again. The crazy thing is, the LLC was involuntarily forfeit/seized & their are active investigations. I think it's insane the FB page, website (hosted on squarespace), & google listing are still active.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:41:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#13]
His website shows a Glocktober sale where it’s 50% off on Glock slide coating.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember a similar situation happening some years back with Jayson - Investment Grade Firearms.  It took a lot of effort and a few years even went by, but eventually LE got involved and arrested him, and then confiscated all the firearms and parts.  Not sure if any of that stuff ever got back to the original owners….?
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:10:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#15]
I just looked and had an upper, lower, law tactical folder and other stuff coated by him in 2001.****(2021, not 2001)****
He sent me pictures during the process and had everything back to me in less than a couple weeks including the weekend and included a free cerakoted pmag, patch and stickers.
He also partnered with Law tactical to do the cerakote on their folding adapters.

That sucks this happened to you and to others. I wonder what's going on with them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:
I just looked and had an upper, lower, law tactical folder and other stuff coated by him in 2001.
He sent me pictures during the process and had everything back to me in less than a couple weeks including the weekend and included a free cerakoted pmag, patch and stickers.
He also partnered with Law tactical to do the cerakote on their folding adapters.

That sucks this happened to you and to others. I wonder what's going on with them.
View Quote

That sounds like the just of what I've heard people say that have dealt with him pre 2022. I asked for a refund & return of my stuff a few months ago & never heard back, then I find out later his legal right to conduct business in TX was revoked. The only reason I can think of that he hasn't refunded everyone is that he was living off the revenue immediately after taking orders in addition to being 6-12 months behind on completing orders.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
I remember a similar situation happening some years back with Jayson - Investment Grade Firearms.  It took a lot of effort and a few years even went by, but eventually LE got involved and arrested him, and then confiscated all the firearms and parts.  Not sure if any of that stuff ever got back to the original owners….?
View Quote

The value he's taken from me is likely nothing compared to what I've seen some people get scammed for on EE listings for example, but it kills me to know he's still actively taking orders & doing the same to others. There are people as far back as summer of '22 that still don't have their items.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#18]
It's worth reporting him to the ATF as well.

That's often the only thing that gets these things resolved. He's required to have an FFL to work on firearms, and no search warrant is required to investigate the premises.
Currently the ATF is on a spree of revoking licenses (which I disagree with) but in this case it's warranted: the owner is stealing guns.

The most common thing these guys have in common is alcoholism: I've seen it more than once. It's sad, but it doesn't excuse theft.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 7:37:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JarrettH] [#19]
***Update 11/27/23***

There was a group order placed about a month after my order in October of last year, below is the context of the extent.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#20]
It's been confirmed Redacted Concepts LLC is currently under investigation by the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#21]
The only substantial update to report is the ATF revoked Sal Carrillo's FFL (Redacted Concepts LLC) within the past few months on unrelated issues and he is actively trying to get it reinstated. There is a pretty substantial active case with the Harris County Sheriff's Dept. Sal conducted business all last year while his LLC involuntarily forfeit by the state of Texas.

We could use any help if anyone has any resources/relevant connections in Texas or around the Houston area.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:43:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JarrettH] [#22]
***Update 4/16/24***

There is a case number with the Harris County Sheriff's Dept. for those that have not been able to get their items and payment back: #2309-07418

There is an assigned investigator at the Harris County Sheriff's Dept. that is working on compiling all those affected by Redacted Concepts LLC (Sal Carrillo) before presenting to DA, over the course of the next month. You can contact the Sheriff's dept. directly and likely play phone tag, or join the facebook group where he's provided an email to forward your order documents directly. Those that submit documents after 5/15/24 may not be eligible for restitution.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JarrettH:
***Update 4/16/24***

There is an assigned investigator at the Harris County Sheriff's Dept. that is working on compiling all those affected by Redacted Concepts LLC (Sal Carrillo) before presenting to DA, over the course of the next month. You can contact the Sheriff's dept. directly and likely play phone tag, or join the facebook group where he's provided an email to forward your order documents directly. Those submit documents after 5/15/24 may not be eligible for restitution.

View Quote

Thanks for the update, I hope all you guys get made whole. What a shit situation.

Has Sal not made any contact with any of you guys about the situation?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:

Thanks for the update, I hope all you guys get made whole. What a shit situation.

Has Sal not made any contact with any of you guys about the situation?
View Quote

Nope!

Not at all.

We only got some updates from someone who was helping out but he's since left.

So we're all back in the dark again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By nj0ywatch1np0rn:

Nope!

Not at all.

We only got some updates from someone who was helping out but he's since left.

So we're all back in the dark again.
View Quote

Thats messed up
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Not sure if this is current to what’s actually happening but this was posted in the ODG FB group yesterday.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep. We asked people to spread the word in any groups where Redacted Concepts solicited.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#28]
It’s ironic, but because this involves actual firearms Sal will be prosecuted and I’m sure convicted. I say ironic because there are always businesses like this stealing people’s property (especially performance cars). Good luck getting the local sheriff’s office to prosecute. A friend had to travel fro TN to FL to “steal” his 911 back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top