Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2024 8:59:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WarDawg]
This was my dad’s deer rifle. Saw him  dropped many whitetail with it.  I inherited it.  I haven’t hunted in years.  But took it out and popped targets at 100 and 200.  It was last zeroed probably in the late 70’s or early 80’s.  The setup is his . I never changed a thing. It has a Japanese made Tasco variable scope on it. Has this range estimating deal built in. I have the booklet that came with it. He passed away Christmas Day 2000 5:45 pm.   A date and time I will never forget. His birthday  just passed. January 31. This is his set up.  He was 2ID. So a Semper Primus is fitting here.  Thought I would share. Wardawg Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I think this is reforger maybe ??? I know it’s Germany. I think 1959 or 1960. I swear I think it’s a M14 he’s carrying.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 9:11:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5thLegion] [#1]
That is a great rifle. Probably one of the best deer rifles ever. Sounds like you had a great dad. Me too, miss him every day. Never gets easier but I try to live my life in his memory.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet, my pop had a regular 788 in 308, he was in germany 59 to 62
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got one I put in a HS stock and never used. Seem like cool guns.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Classic rifle kept in the family.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Proud memories!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top