Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2024 2:28:19 PM EDT
Ok, this is how I understand this, appreciate the answers

1- Is it a requirement to send the letter?
2-Can I return it to it's original configuration(pistol)and sell without the letter or waiting for it if sent?
3-I do have to have the lower refinished after my name, city and state are covered before I sell though not required?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:
Ok, this is how I understand this, appreciate the answers

1- Is it a requirement to send the letter?
2-Can I return it to it's original configuration(pistol)and sell without the letter or waiting for it if sent?
3-I do have to have the lower refinished after my name, city and state are covered before I sell though not required?
View Quote
1- No
2- Yes
3- Up to you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_Man:
1- No
2- Yes
3- Up to you.
View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Okie, if I don't send the letter or do and the buyer goes to form 1 it, no issues?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Okie, if I don't send the letter or do and the buyer goes to form 1 it, no issues?
View Quote
The buyer will have issues if they try to Form 1 the receiver and its still on the registry as a Title 2 firearm.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
The buyer will have issues if they try to Form 1 the receiver and its still on the registry as a Title 2 firearm.

View Quote
This.  If you suspect the new owner plans to SBR it again with a new Form 1, then send the letter to have it removed from the registry first.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#6]
Copy, getting ready to email the letter. I appreciate the info! Going in to the shop next week for a sale/consignment, if the letter isn't back, will just let the buyer know.

One last thing, I removed the stock, it's now a pistol, correct? and can sell as such regardless of the letter?

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56: Copy, getting ready to email the letter.
View Quote

It needs to be signed too, so one can't just type it in an email. Print the letter, sign it, scan it, and attach it to the email.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Copy, getting ready to email the letter. I appreciate the info! Going in to the shop next week for a sale/consignment, if the letter isn't back, will just let the buyer know.

One last thing, I removed the stock, it's now a pistol, correct? and can sell as such regardless of the letter?

View Quote

How did it start life ? Rifle ? Pistol or stipped receiver ?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

How did it start life ? Rifle ? Pistol or stipped receiver ?
View Quote
In the thread title and the OP he says it was a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:54:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Inked letter emailed, replied back, out of system and title one firearm as it started "pistol"

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Can one remove the NFA markings after it’s taken off the registry (name/address) or do those need to remain on the firearm?

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Damon_23:
Can one remove the NFA markings after it's taken off the registry (name/address) or do those need to remain on the firearm?

View Quote
They can be removed, just not the serial number obviously as removing that is specifically illegal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top