User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:

Probably based solely on internet hearsay.

I've never had an issue with CS the few times I've ordered or bothered them with a question.
View Quote

Well, I guess I must just be internet hearsay then, because my experience with Robarms CS is the worst customer service I have ever had.

Robinson claims they don't charge you until the week before the gun ships. Well, mine took 3 months after payment to ship. Every couple weeks I would email them and ask them what the delay is, and got a different answer every time. They were waiting on "one more part" and they promised it will ship in a week numerous times, but they were different parts each time. "One more part" was a bullshit lie told over and over. And never a single time did they reach out to me and say "hey, sorry there will be a delay" it was always me having to reach out and ask why it had been two or three weeks since they told me "one more week" and nothing had happened. That's just shitty CS.

Then when I got the gun, it's the most heavily blemished gun I have ever seen. PSA wouldn't even put this garbage out, let alone at full price.  I noted and took pictures of over 20 different blemishes ranging from scratches, to gouges in the metal with noticeable chunks missing, and just shit level cerakote. Uneven coverage and physically grainy to the touch in multiple places. I sent them an email outlining all of the issues and had pictures attached. The owner himself replied "I'm not reading that novel. Try again with fewer words". That was his idea of customer service. I replied telling him to do his fucking job and read the email. He replied apologizing saying he had a hard day, but that he had personally inspected the rifle before it went out and said it was flawless when it left, so everything must have happened in transit. I replied saying he must not have even glanced at the pictures, because you see the missing chunks of metal had been cerakoted in the color I had picked. So unless the the gun re-cerakoted itself in transit, it's impossible that the defects weren't there when he shipped it out. They never replied again.

The gun functions great and it's absolutely one of my favorite guns to shoot. But fuck Robinson Armament as a company. I was going to buy multiple calibers and an SBR, but I'm not giving them another penny.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:

Well, I guess I must just be internet hearsay then, because my experience with Robarms CS is the worst customer service I have ever had.

Robinson claims they don't charge you until the week before the gun ships. Well, mine took 3 months after payment to ship. Every couple weeks I would email them and ask them what the delay is, and got a different answer every time. They were waiting on "one more part" and they promised it will ship in a week numerous times, but they were different parts each time. "One more part" was a bullshit lie told over and over. And never a single time did they reach out to me and say "hey, sorry there will be a delay" it was always me having to reach out and ask why it had been two or three weeks since they told me "one more week" and nothing had happened. That's just shitty CS.

Then when I got the gun, it's the most heavily blemished gun I have ever seen. PSA wouldn't even put this garbage out, let alone at full price.  I noted and took pictures of over 20 different blemishes ranging from scratches, to gouges in the metal with noticeable chunks missing, and just shit level cerakote. Uneven coverage and physically grainy to the touch in multiple places. I sent them an email outlining all of the issues and had pictures attached. The owner himself replied "I'm not reading that novel. Try again with fewer words". That was his idea of customer service. I replied telling him to do his fucking job and read the email. He replied apologizing saying he had a hard day, but that he had personally inspected the rifle before it went out and said it was flawless when it left, so everything must have happened in transit. I replied saying he must not have even glanced at the pictures, because you see the missing chunks of metal had been cerakoted in the color I had picked. So unless the the gun re-cerakoted itself in transit, it's impossible that the defects weren't there when he shipped it out. They never replied again.

The gun functions great and it's absolutely one of my favorite guns to shoot. But fuck Robinson Armament as a company. I was going to buy multiple calibers and an SBR, but I'm not giving them another penny.
View Quote

Mine is the best built gun I own. The process from order to delivery was straightforward, and communication was frequent enough to keep me informed without being tedious. In fact, I had a small change after the order was submitted, and it was not a problem, they were very accommodating.  The gun was exactly as ordered.  

The only issue with the rifle is with the gas block adjustment knob seems to be off by one notch.  The gas is lowest at 1, not zero.  Zero feels like the highest gas setting.  Function is not affected, and the gun runs great.  I think it may be something I could address myself, but haven’t felt like messing with it yet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lew:
Probably based solely on internet hearsay.

I've never had an issue with CS the few times I've ordered or bothered them with a question.

Thanks for actually posting something of substance, unlike the other poster. Seems like only 10% of the people raggin' on Robinson have had any dealings with the company whatsoever.

My only complaint with the company is that they don't offer Type 1 firing pins anymore. They want $225 for the current bolt and carrier and the machining for the lower (the buffer is now on the BCG, not the lower). Granted, they haven't made that part in over a decade, and I've been on the manufacturing side, so I can understand not wanting to stock old parts forever. Still, a firing pin should be pretty easy to whip up.

Firingpins.com makes replacements and I just ordered a few. I'll report back with the results. I was wise enough to get a spare pin from Robinson years ago.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:12:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bentley66] [#4]
Anyone know the length of a 12 inch Robinson pistol folded? Looking for a decent backpack for one. Pistol is still on order so I don’t physically have it yet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to give my range report: I swapped in a pin from Firingpins.com and ran two mags through it. No issues whatsoever. Protrusion was identical to the stock pin.

For those of us with Type 1 bolts who don't want to send the rifle in to be upgraded, $24 a pin gets you a few spares and saves a lot of money.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:33:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine is an SBR, but folded they should be the same. With a 12” barrel and the stock folded, it’s a little under 23” so finding a backpack might be tough.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TF82:
Mine is an SBR, but folded they should be the same. With a 12” barrel and the stock folded, it’s a little under 23” so finding a backpack might be tough.
View Quote

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#8]
No problem. I bought a guitar pedal case that is fairly discreet but I haven’t seen a backpack yet that would work.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#9]
The eberlestock little trick is 23.5. Might work.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bentley66:
The eberlestock little trick is 23.5. Might work.
View Quote

True, with the bottom expanded. I assumed he was looking for a discreet carry method but that wasn’t actually mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Robinson Armament XCR-L ( .300 Blackout to 5.56 to 6.8 SPC )
Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top