Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2023 11:35:18 PM EDT
Anyone here have a Ruger 10/22 LVT? Are they well balanced and accurate? Are the newer ones as nice as the ones from a few years ago??? Looking for feedback and reviews.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 3:17:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ElrodCod] [#1]
Keep in mind that mine is no longer a stock gun. The trigger group has been upgraded with Kidd’s drop in trigger job kit and tuned to a crisp 1 1/2 lb break. I also did the auto bolt release modification and changed out the mag release. Randy at CPC did the bolt makeover.
I like the gun a lot and find it to be much more accurate than a standard 10/22 carbine. I can’t give you any group sizes because I haven’t had a chance to give it some serious bench time yet.
Some people think that the sporter stock on the LVT is more “man sized” than the carbine stock. It’s not, they are the same length.
The balance is ok. It’s more muzzle heavy than a carbine but I’m ok with squirrel hunting for several hours with it.
I seem to remember the previous LVT from 5 or 6 years ago as being nicer guns because they cost more. I was on a waiting list for one at a local shop but never got one because they were hard to find and were quickly sold.
This version is ok. It came with the cheesy scope rail installed. As previously stated it got replaced and the original found it’s way to the recycle bin. Most people are going to upgrade this or that anyway so the small difference in price between the LVT and a standard carbine is worth it for the barrel and sporter stock.

Edited to add:

I forgot to mention that the barrel is threaded and there's no front or back to the thread protector, it works either way. There was an issue with the protector shooting loose after 15 - 20 rounds so I sourced some high temperature o rings that are just the right size to fit and keep the protector snug.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:50:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G21] [#2]
Mine shoots great, but it is not stock either. I just shoot CCI SV in it.

Volquartsen trigger kit, CPC bolt rework, Magpul stock and Tract 4-12 scope.

Am probably going to get another one and leave it in the wood stock just for some variety.

My thread protector would come loose around 20 rounds also. Don't plan on getting a suppressor so I just put a little blue Loctite on it.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I love this LVT. Very accurate.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 7:56:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FightingHellfish] [#4]
………..

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Are there a few different configurations of this LVT model? If so what catalog numbers do buoy have. ??
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Bought a stainless LVT for indoor rimfire league and had hoped to get into nlr22. Absolute tack driver and I love it. Did upgrade the trigger and added a Bradley cheek riser.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Are there a few different configurations of this LVT model? If so what catalog numbers do buoy have. ??
View Quote

Anyone have the correct number for the Stainless LVT?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Anyone have the correct number for the Stainless LVT?
View Quote

The item number is 31167.
Stainless Stainless LVT Here-

Is this what you are looking for?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#9]
10-4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top