Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2023 10:47:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz]
Ruger has unveiled the gen 2 American Rifle line

https://www.ruger.com/products/americanRifleGenII/overview.html

The Ruger American® Rifle Generation II; an update to the American-made rifle that has been the benchmark for accuracy, durability, and performance in bolt-action rifles for over a decade. Designed with customer feedback in mind, the Ruger American Rifle Generation II is available in a variety of calibers and is sure to become the first choice for hunters and firearms enthusiasts. Additional calibers and configurations will be available in 2024.
View Quote

Comes in two models out of the gate: Standard and Ranch

Initial caliber lineup: 204 Ruger, 223 Rem, 243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08 Rem, 7.62x39 (Ranch only), 300BLK (Ranch only), 308 Win, 450 Bushmaster

Future calibers (q1 2024): 22 ARC, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 PRC, 270 Win, 7mm PRC, 30-06, 300 Win Mag, 350 Legend, 400 Legend
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
yup that timing is just about right , i just picked up a ranch in 300blk over black friday

that's ok though now the one in 5.56 that i want will have the fancy spiral fluted barrel
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m hoping that the Gen II stocks are compatible with the Gen I rifles, and available for purchase separately.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GimmeLibertee:
I’m hoping that the Gen II stocks are compatible with the Gen I rifles, and available for purchase separately.
View Quote

Me two
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Seems like a win for that price.

If the long actions are that price, I'll probably end up with one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a New Gen II in 223 last Friday from Ables in Huntsville TX. Got the rifle for $575. Right now it’s got a Bushnell Trophy 4x12x40 mounted on it.
Some observations on it. First the Stock is a Huge improvement over the original Gen I stocks, the plastic is stronger and has less Flex to it. The splatter paint finish is ok. The trigger came set at 3.5 pounds so no complaints there. The action is fantastic, the bolt is Way smoother than the Gen I and the barrel is really nice, good fluting and the contour of the barrel is good, the muzzle break works great with hardly any recoil. Accuracy is really good. The day I sighted it in it was 36f and the wind was blowing 20-30mph and shooting off a Bogpod and not a bench So my groups went up to par.
I got 1.2” with Honardy match 75gr bthp, and 1.8 with Tula 75gr bthp both at 100. It easily rings 8’ gongs at 250. Hopefully I’ll get to the range soon and really get to see what it’ll do off  bench and bags.
So far I’m really happy with it and can’t wait for the 6.5 Grendel to come out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top