Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2024 10:30:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadduck357]
Ruger's new 45acp LC Carbine.
New For 2024: Ruger LC Carbine In .45 ACP
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s no camp 45, but I’d be tempted to get one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Well shit, that looks very interesting...
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
GD thread:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2701648_Ruger-just-brought-this-out--45acp-PCC.html

Interesting they couldn't squeeze it into the PCC they designed w/ interchangeable bolt face.  But good that it takes Glock mags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:37:19 AM EDT
[#5]
10mm would be nice.

45acp not so much.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 3:09:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
GD thread:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2701648_Ruger-just-brought-this-out--45acp-PCC.html

Interesting they couldn't squeeze it into the PCC they designed w/ interchangeable bolt face.  But good that it takes Glock mags.
View Quote

It's a shit show over there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I like it.  I may be getting one.  I have a bunch of .45 pistols and ammo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:28:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zaitcev] [#8]
View Quote

I'm sad about not having a PC Carbine in .45 too, because it's a more flexible platform regarding magazines. Also, I like the traditional layout. But I guess they didn't have the length or mass reserve.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By zaitcev:

I'm sad about not having a PC Carbine in .45 too, because it's a more flexible platform regarding magazines. Also, I like the traditional layout. But I guess they didn't have the length or mass reserve.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Interesting they couldn't squeeze it into the PCC they designed w/ interchangeable bolt face.  But good that it takes Glock mags.

Which is asinine, since they designed the PCC with quick change bbls, replaceable magwells, and an interchangeable bolt face - to put out 9mm & .40 S&W versions til Covid hit, and now they only make the 9mm.  I like the Ruger PPC, even though it's a slow seller, but if this is what it takes for them to put out a .45 ACP carbine, I'll take it.  Name brand, strong warranty, Glock mags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Which is asinine, since they designed the PCC with quick change bbls, replaceable magwells, and an interchangeable bolt face - to put out 9mm & .40 S&W versions til Covid hit, and now they only make the 9mm.  I like the Ruger PPC, even though it's a slow seller, but if this is what it takes for them to put out a .45 ACP carbine, I'll take it.  Name brand, strong warranty, Glock mags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Interesting they couldn't squeeze it into the PCC they designed w/ interchangeable bolt face.  But good that it takes Glock mags.

Is the PCC receiver long enough for 45?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Apparently not.  Seems like a design fail.  When it 1st came out, folks were all abuzz about a .45 or 10mm version.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#12]

I like the Ruger PPC, even though it's a slow seller ...
View Quote

They sold 150,000 of them before 2021. More now, I'm sure. That is a runaway success.

Judging by the sales of accessories, most of them are in CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT, MD. Perhaps no so much in TX, although there are some.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#13]

They sold 150,000 of them before 2021. More now, I'm sure. That is a runaway success.

Judging by the sales of accessories, most of them are in CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT, MD. Perhaps no so much in TX, although there are some.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  I like the Ruger PPC, even though it's a slow seller ...

I think I sold 10 or more SUB-2000s to the single Ruger PCC I sold.  Not stocking it again anytime soon.  Nor a HiPoint carbine, even slower than the Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:34:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zaitcev] [#14]
Seems like a design fail.
View Quote

Everyone on Arfcom was kvetching how heavy Ruger PCC was. Making the receiver any longer would only make the gun heavier and even more nose-heavy.

BTW, did you notice that LC in .45 has a longer receiver than LC in 5.7, although the cartridge is shorter?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:40:02 AM EDT
[#15]
This guy is almost as annoying as ARFCOM's own video spokesperson, but short video w/ Ruger rep:

Ruger's 45 Auto LC Carbine Takes Glock Mags -- SHOT Show 2024

Haven't watched at all:

New for 2024 Ruger LC Carbine 45 ACP Review
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I like the fact that the mag inserts into the grip. Bonus.

I can almost guarantee a charger version in 6mo.

7lbs tho. Whew. After trinkets and a 20 round stick youre looking at nearly 12lbs. Youre in 308 territory at that point.

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Snozberry:
I like the fact that the mag inserts into the grip. Bonus.

I can almost guarantee a charger version in 6mo.

7lbs tho. Whew. After trinkets and a 20 round stick youre looking at nearly 12lbs. Youre in 308 territory at that point.

View Quote

You're not getting light w/ a straight blowback .45.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

So you're saying HK UMP was a mistake?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Ruger Reintroduces the LC Carbine in .45 ACP!
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  You're not getting light w/ a straight blowback .45.

Is 6.13 lbs what you consider light?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Everyone on Arfcom was kvetching how heavy Ruger PCC was. Making the receiver any longer would only make the gun heavier and even more nose-heavy.

BTW, did you notice that LC in .45 has a longer receiver than LC in 5.7, although the cartridge is shorter?
View All Quotes
Seems like a design fail.

They do feel heavy to me. The weight from the added length would be negligible but getting it to work with both cartridge lengths might be harder to do. Probably be easier to do a large frame gun in 10 and 45 like is done with most pistols.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Are the KCI 26 round 45 mags any good?  Those would pair well with this carbine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:36:57 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Four pounds and change says youre wrong.

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:01:28 AM EDT
[#24]

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ujvje3alxmysv7jmd2bdr/rizzler.jpg?rlkey=2ant3qravi90xmcelau18y2c1&raw=1
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  You're not getting light w/ a straight blowback .45.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ujvje3alxmysv7jmd2bdr/rizzler.jpg?rlkey=2ant3qravi90xmcelau18y2c1&raw=1

That's impressive.  That's also not a 16" bbl.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:04:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Snozberry] [#25]

That's impressive.  That's also not a 16" bbl.
View Quote

True. But that wasn't a stated criteria.

THIS is 16"

...And the same effective weight as the Ruger. A lot of people will be surprised how heavy a mag of 20-30 230gr weighs in at.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:10:54 AM EDT
[#26]

THIS is 16"

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4vvjvf94k6eezgf5erzjq/20230904_150645.jpg?rlkey=m978orytznnio8fr1484t5tuc&raw=1

...And the same effective weight as the Ruger. A lot of people will be surprised how heavy a mag of 20-30 230gr weighs in at.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  That's impressive.  That's also not a 16" bbl.

THIS is 16"

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4vvjvf94k6eezgf5erzjq/20230904_150645.jpg?rlkey=m978orytznnio8fr1484t5tuc&raw=1

You've got a lot less money in that than the Ruger or your pistol.

As far as .45 pistols, my blowback .45 pistol is lighter than the one you posted, so

Same company that made your .45 rifle.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:24:06 AM EDT
[#27]

You've got a lot less money in that than the Ruger or your pistol.

As far as .45 pistols, my blowback .45 pistol is lighter than the one you posted, so

View Quote

Hey, I'm the econo-gunner, what can I say

The hipoint actually comes in at the same price as the pistol after the kit is factored in-- $250 for the Hipoint, $250 for the hightower chassis. The Extar is $500 as well.

But the Hipoint is kinda why I bought the pistol. It's so damn heavy. I love the velocity bump but you pay a literal heavy price for it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#28]

The hipoint actually comes in at the same price as the pistol after the kit is factored in-- $250 for the Hipoint, $250 for the hightower chassis. The Extar is $500 as well.

But the Hipoint is kinda why I bought the pistol. It's so damn heavy. I love the velocity bump but you pay a literal heavy price for it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  You've got a lot less money in that than the Ruger or your pistol.

I have the same carbine w/o the stock, I need to chop mine & put the AR stock adapter & folder on it.  We have a .45 can w/ no piston in the family trust, so my BIL has the 4595 & the new threaded JHP, both converted to 1911 mags.  I expect to order another JHP for myself soon, selling my old one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#29]
If you want 10mm - buy a Stribog. It’s incredible from what I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#30]
When will we see a LC Charger in .45
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SSTPAC:
When will we see a LC Charger in .45
View Quote

I’d buy one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SSTPAC:  When will we see a LC Charger in .45
View Quote

Do you have a Dremel?
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone seen one of these in stores yet?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I’d consider selling my Beretta CX4 in 45 for one of these, mostly because of the Glock mag compatibility.  The folder is also a plus.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#35]
I want one, but also kinda disappointed that they cant have different mag compatibility.  I had a p320 45 for 5+ years.  Maybe I can find a used Leo g21 and mags for this.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, it's not exactly love at first sight for me, because it's a bit blocky in the ass-end, but at the same time, it is a ruger.  They're not exactly known for their works of art or award winning ergonomics (reference the old blocky P series pistols here).

But, Ruger generally are well made and reliable, so I could mostly ignore the way it looks.  

With that said, I like 45acp for HD and most anything that would be in range in my yard.    

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#37]
It's not the most attractive package but I like the folding stock, non-reciprocating charging handle and Glock mag usage. I'd buy one, I've wanted an affordable .45acp carbine that takes Glock mags for a long time.  The pic rail in front of the trigger guard makes me think there's a charger version in the works though.  I like it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 1:57:19 AM EDT
[#38]
So many guns to buy this year...
I'm not a Glock fan, I guess I'll learn.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Heavy recoil, especially in FA. That's why it didn't go far.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I like it. It's an upscale alternative to the Hi-Point. Would be a great suppressor host.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 3:40:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LesBaer45] [#41]
Found this on the tube of you last night. Didn't realize Glock finally released their carbine.

I have at least 4 x Glock 45ACP pistols and a crap ton of Glock 21 / compatible mags. Reload .45ACP as well.

So if I can find enough change in the couch cushions and under the car seats I'm going to hunt one down. Already have a spare RD or two around here somewhere.

Yeah, sure. Ruger. Not perfect, maybe a bit chonky. It'll mostly be a range toy anyway not like I'll be EDC'ing it.

Folding stock a plus. Might have to get a suppressor for this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:
Found this on the tube of you last night. Didn't realize Glock finally released their carbine.

I have at least 4 x Glock 45ACP pistols and a crap ton of Glock 21 / compatible mags. Reload .45ACP as well.

So if I can find enough change in the couch cushions and under the car seats I'm going to hunt one down. Already have a spare RD or two around here somewhere.

Yeah, sure. Ruger. Not perfect, maybe a bit chonky. It'll mostly be a range toy anyway not like I'll be EDC'ing it.

Folding stock a plus. Might have to get a suppressor for this.
View Quote

It would be an awesome suppressor host. And if it's accurate it might be pretty decent for taking out hogs and other critters inside 100 yards or so. I want to see those accuracy reports though before buying one. I was considering the Hi-Point 4595 for this sort of task but the accuracy on those isn't stellar from what I've seen. Then again it is a .45 ACP so there are going to be some hard limitations. But I have gotten pretty good accuracy out my .45 Colt 1892 with ACP powered loads so it should be doable.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:38:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amendment] [#43]
Colin noir does the LC 45

The .45 acp Ruger LC Carbine | It Keeps Getting Better
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Yup, I want one of those.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MidMichHunter:
Yup, I want one of those.
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BroomSlayer:
I like it. It's an upscale alternative to the Hi-Point. Would be a great suppressor host.
View Quote

See this video.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd rather have this in 45..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Sorry_Your_Girl_Lost:  I'd rather have this in 45..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425157/1000010085_jpg-3159140.JPG
View Quote

They're on GunBroker, no longer imported.  Non-threaded barrel and a trigger like the finest Italian staple gun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#49]

They're on GunBroker, no longer imported.  Non-threaded barrel and a trigger like the finest Italian staple gun.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sorry_Your_Girl_Lost:  I'd rather have this in 45..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425157/1000010085_jpg-3159140.JPG

I have one in 9 and 45, I like them, nice and compact, but as stated above the trigger sucks and the mag capacity in the 45 is a major issue.   The Ruger in 45 with a 30rd mag, threaded barrel & good trigger trumps my cx4s.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By This_Is_Necessary:
It’s no camp 45, but I’d be tempted to get one.
View Quote

My Camp 45 launches brass into the next zip code,  and at best hàs a 10 and mag. This could be interesting...suppressed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Ruger LC Carbine 45acp (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top