Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2022 11:27:51 AM EDT
At lgs, I’ve handled new Ruger LC carbine in 5.7 and I noticed that they designed the grip/fire control part to swing out. I have a feeling that they’ll probably make a LC in 9mm and it would be nice if they made one to accept glock mags.

What do you guys think? I know they already have PC rifle but I like the LC design, plus the folding stock.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a good idea, but I suspect the reason Ruger doesn't do it is because of the difficulty in making the grip modular. They would have to choose between their proprietary 9mm magazines (thus excluding most of the marketplace) or Glock magazines (thus excluding the Ruger product). They couldn't do both, as with the current PCC.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wombat25:
It's a good idea, but I suspect the reason Ruger doesn't do it is because of the difficulty in making the grip modular. They would have to choose between their proprietary 9mm magazines (thus excluding most of the marketplace) or Glock magazines (thus excluding the Ruger product). They couldn't do both, as with the current PCC.
View Quote

Is the grip the frame on these guns? I haven’t looked at these guns but they sure look like you could have  another lower that fit different mags easily enough.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wombat25:  It's a good idea, but I suspect the reason Ruger doesn't do it is because of the difficulty in making the grip modular. They would have to choose between their proprietary 9mm magazines (thus excluding most of the marketplace) or Glock magazines (thus excluding the Ruger product). They couldn't do both, as with the current PCC.
View Quote

They don't have to make the grip modular.  They just have to make multiple grip modules for different magazines.  A Security magwell, a Glock magwell, a whatever forgettable Ruger 9 name magwell.  Everyone buys the Glock magwell, and eventually Ruger comes out w/ a Gen 3 Glock clone.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]
This is available in 45ACP now. Really wondering where the 9mm version is. Especially in the LC Charger platform.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:  This is available in 45ACP now. Really wondering where the 9mm version is. Especially in the LC Charger platform.
View Quote

In the quite successful Ruger PC Carbine line.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:  This is available in 45ACP now. Really wondering where the 9mm version is. Especially in the LC Charger platform.

Not at all the same thing. LC Carbine has the mag in the pistol grip, not a separate mag well. Appears to me to make a huge difference in balance as well as how it handles.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:

Not at all the same thing. LC Carbine has the mag in the pistol grip, not a separate mag well. Appears to me to make a huge difference in balance as well as how it handles.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:

Oh, I understand the differences.  The PC Carbine line has been making money for several years already, why would Ruger introduce a product to compete with their already profitable rifle that occupies a very similar space in the market?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Because I want one?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:  Because I want one?
View Quote

You and 87 other dudes who want to buy a Ruger that feeds through the pistol grip instead of the less expensive PCCs already on the market that feed through the pistol grip & are already less expensive than the Ruger PCC?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]

You and 87 other dudes who want to buy a Ruger that feeds through the pistol grip instead of the less expensive PCCs already on the market that feed through the pistol grip & are already less expensive than the Ruger PCC?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:  Because I want one?

I think it would do fine. First thing I said when KelTec came out with the CMR30 was that they should do a 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:09:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I would be all over an LC Carbine in 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Zardoz:  I would be all over an LC Carbine in 9mm.
View Quote

Saw yesterday in one of the Ruger PCC threads they're afraid of running out of spare parts if Ruger drops the PCC for the LC platform, lol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:31:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#14]

The PC Charger pistol:

Interchangeable magazine wells for use of common Ruger  and Glock  magazines. Ships with SR-Series /Security-9  pistol magazine well installed and an additional magazine well accepting Glock  magazines is included*. Ruger American  Pistol magazine wells are available at ShopRuger.com.

The LC Charger pistol

The 45acp LC Carbine
https://ruger.com/products/lcCarbine/specSheets/19309.html

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
https://ruger.com/productImages/29100/detail/1.jpg

The PC pistol:

Interchangeable magazine wells for use of common Ruger  and Glock  magazines. Ships with SR-Series /Security-9  pistol magazine well installed and an additional magazine well accepting Glock  magazines is included*. Ruger American  Pistol magazine wells are available at ShopRuger.com.
View Quote

A similarly built LC pistol would be significantly lighter and shorter. I love my PC Carbine and wish I’d waited for the charger before buying a second but it’s got some downsides.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Same overall length gets you a longer barrel with the LC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top