Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2023 6:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro]
Is there really a bad POI Shift when taking the rifle down? I did hear of a couple tips to reduce the impact of this. Apparently you adjust the locking collar a few clicks when disassembled to make things even tighter. Anyone use this method?

If using the receiver mounted rail is a no go. Has anyone used a rear sight mount? I ordered the NC Star Vism rail (LOL I know I know..) If the rail seems sturdy I was going to use some quality US Made Grade 8 screws and toss the included ones. Looks like you get a Picatinny Rail and a mount for your rear sight. As long as it isn't pot metal and the shitty screws are replaced. It could be a decent option.

I was debating on just throwing a Holosun 515GM on it if it seems sturdy enough. Just wondering what your experiences were with the takedown mechanism. How many of you mounted both sights and optic to the barrel?

Interesting NC Star Rail/Rear Sight Setup
Attachment Attached File

Looks like they also make a RMR Variant.

Attachment Attached File

Also willing to give the UTG Pro handguard a chance. Though the mount that comes with it is a Doctor mount...
Attachment Attached File

That handguard looks like it would be decent on a SBR.

Are there any other options that let you keep a rear sight?
If a Picatinny Rail was long enough I'd probably be able to throw on a CZ Scorpion Rear and a T1 Clone.

Link Posted: 10/8/2023 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The gun will hold POI with everything I’ve tried it with.   No need to mount a RDS on the bbl assembly but go for it if you like.  

I also prefer MI rails and their low MRDS mount for an RMR.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I wondered about POI shift after disassembly when I got my first Ruger PC.. After I got it sited in at the
range, I broke it down then put it back together several times testing POI in between. Never had any shift. So I would
say that as long as the barrel nut is PROPERLY adjusted, you will not have any measurable POI shift.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Never had a POI shift on my PC9 or both of my 10/22 TD's. Properly adjust them IAW the Ruger instruction manual. Also another person here made a great addition to that. Mark the barrel nut with "Torque seal" or a paint stripe to ensure it stayed in the correct position.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#4]
Thanks for the tips guys. I think this will work nicely.

Also I didn't install the NC Star rail but it seems solid. I can't even bend it if I tried so that's a good sign that it's not that metal.

I probably won't use it but I'll just hang on to it as a neat option.

I'm pretty impressed with the factory stock. Just need to find a light option that won't mess with the sling.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven’t noticed a POI shift. But, mine has a scope on it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Never had an issue with zero shift on mine...I have a Romeo 5 mounted on the receiver. I adjusted the nut per Ruger's instructions then added a witness mark...in the couple thousand rounds I've put through it, I've only had the nut back off one click (still didn't affect zero).
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
You all have been really helpful.

I did not care for the sling swivels on this thing.

I found a lightly used Parker Mountain Handguard, and placed an order for the MI spacer with qd mounts.

Debating on ordering reciever pins for $8 that are captive. Could tighten up the trigger housing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 2:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#8]
Ended up going with a Magpul Stock, that actually took some weight off.

Also I've been doing some looking around. Looks like there are Some Sig/Beretta/CZ75 Magwells out there. Pretty neat options.

I bet with some 3d Printed shims and epoxy you could always buy another Glock magwell and convert it to use G43X/G48 magazines if you wanted to for some weird reason.

I think Ruger hit it out of the park with this rifle IMO.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 11:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zaitcev] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
I bet with some 3d Printed shims and epoxy you could always buy another Glock magwell and convert it to use G43X/G48 magazines if you wanted to for some weird reason.
View Quote

The distance between the lips and the latch is different from G19 on a G43X magazine. So you need a new catch head, kind of like the one Innovation Armory offer, only oriented in the opposite side, up. Theirs is down for CZ-75. But doing that makes it incompatible with Backpacker, unfortunately, like any IA adapter. This is why Fraurem persists with that slider, even on P365 where the catch is located within the chassis' window.

All of it can be done. The problem is how to make the money off it, the engineering challenge is less so.

P.S. The main problem with Fraurem style adapter for G43X magazines is that the OEM magazines are plastic, and Fraurem's slider must be made out of steel because of many reasons. It's a soft steel, which cannot do anything to B92 and P320 magazines, but it's going to eat G43X magazines. So really the InnoArm style adapter with a plastic head is the answer here.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quick Update:

Vism Rail = No go. The Cantilever design is a bit of a weakness. Even with the screws at 25 inch lbs it's possible for the rail to act like a lever and zero will shift.

Vism RMR Mount= Great idea, poor execution. The aluminum is soft. RMR set screw stripped.out the threads with minimal torque.

On closer examination the mounts look to be cast. I'm only out $30 and it was worth a try.

If they offered a US made option for the RMR mount that was 7075 aluminum and retained the rear sight attachment. It would be a great product.

I placed an order for the Samson Scout rail to mess around. I have a set of CZ Scorpion Sights laying around I can mess with. This should get me a longer sight radius while keeping height over bore low.

No issues using optics on the receiver so far. I have a 515GM in a low QD mount.
Top Top