Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2024 11:34:17 PM EDT
I have a Rugged Alaskan suppressor and I mount it using a Rugged flash hider with their RUM mount.  I have it on a 308 AR.  The mount keeps coming loose after just a few rounds.  I wasn’t too impressed with it from the start.  Not being real familiar with HUB mounts I found a Dead Air KeyMo with the correct thread pitch.  So my question is in two parts will that dead air mount work and do I have to replace my muzzle device with something else?

I know everybody has their favorite mounts for this and as long as it’s as simple as just buying one mount, I’m open to suggestions also. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It’s loosening up because you don’t have the locking collar fully locked.  They can take a lot of force.  My two Rugged rifle cans required a strap wrench to get the collar fully clamped down.  You’ll know when it’s locked as it’ll snap into what feels like a detented position.

As for swapping mount systems, you would need the QD module for the can and a compatible muzzle device to go with it.  I’d skip Keymo, though.  It has parts that wear (sometimes quickly) and adds unnecessary length and weight.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ll try to tighten it more it did seem shy of a full half turn.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:57:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bwharton36:
I’ll try to tighten it more it did seem shy of a full half turn.  Thank you!
View Quote

Take the suppressor off and then try it. Once it is locked, take a sharpy and mark the collar and the can.

When you install it on the mount, you'll see you weren't twisting it fully. I have to use a a blue shop towel and 2 hands to get them to lock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Is your brake marked go/no go? Should be fairly easy to see if its locked correctly
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes it was marked go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the heads up.  I’ve seen the video but all the info is appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top