Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2023 12:06:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Taft]
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 12:37:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a Magpul MS1 on my 17S.  I had one end of the sling going through the rear slot on the stock, and the other end had a clip on the front of it that went through the sling loop on the front of the receiver.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Just use a pmm qd front adapter(rear if you prefer but I prefer stock or opposite stock mounted sling)) and either a vtac or vcas based on your preference

I prefer the vcas but there are definitely some merits to the vtac if you’re fast roping or cuffing perps.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve recently gone from QD mounts to HK hooks with paracord loops. Quiets noises, far simpler, lighter, cheaper, and compatible between my HK and FN rifles. The rest of my rifles use QDs or sling swivel mounts. Vickers are my go to slings.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
I had a Magpul MS1 on my 17S.  I had one end of the sling going through the rear slot on the stock, and the other end had a clip on the front of it that went through the sling loop on the front of the receiver.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 5:44:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FluxIntegral] [#6]
Magpul, Viking tactics, or Blue Force Gear sling (take your pick). HK sling clip to the rear receiver loop (w/Ferro Concept cover), and Magpul para clip with a Magpul loop (either M-Lok, or Pic rail) up front. Tried the PMM QD adaptors. They work well, just couldn't get comfortable with that tiny screw clamping them onto the rifle, especially the front one. The back one is fine, but that front one has a screw that looks more at home inside a PC, or a remote control car, than attaching hardware to a fighting rifle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 11:22:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPshooter1] [#7]
I'm using a BFG Vickers sling (same as pictured below) and running it 2-point at the back of the stock with a LGA sling adapter loop.

HK snap hook at the front because I don't trust QD sockets and then the rear sling hardware is replaced by the ITW QR buckle that comes with the LGA sling adapter loop.  VERY stable and comfortable 2-point sling setup.  I prefer using the rear of the stock as the attachment point vs. the rear of the receiver.

ETA: I've got a few of the LGA sling adapters (I run them on my AR stocks as well), and the latest one I received was the updated version that includes an elastic keeper sleeve that slips over the G-hook, and it has a better/cleaner stitching design as well.  Really nice product!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:04:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EdgecrusherXES] [#9]
I added QD sockets in my stock on both sides and on the receiver along with an extended rail with QD sockets.  I use a Magpul MS4 sling or Blue Force padded with QD swivels.  Worked great slung hiking to my hunting spot I usually sling over my back.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:19:33 AM EDT
[#10]
PMM Front and rear QD’s with a Ferro concepts or BFG vickers sling.  Best way I have found.  

Link Posted: 12/23/2023 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Hk hook up front and VTAC sling.  Not fancy, but works ok.  I long ago standardized on VTACs for all the things and don't feel like changing it now.  Rattles a bit up front but I don't care too much.  Could probably tape it up for quiet.

I tried a single point a decade ago just as a range sling and it was...uninspiring.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top