Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2024 10:34:16 PM EDT
Did KAC discontinue the SR-15 to get production going for the KS-1? Haven't noticed anything dropped at the KAC vendors I follow in a few months
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
They’re fulfilling backorders and then will switch to production of ks1. That’s my understanding
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SwissArmsFan:
Did KAC discontinue the SR-15 to get production going for the KS-1? Haven't noticed anything dropped at the KAC vendors I follow in a few months
View Quote

Nothing about your second point is unusual for KAC.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
So The KS line will still be a SR-15. They uppers will get the KS(X) designation, But the lowers will still be marked SR15 with some updates like full ambi. Think of it more as a Legacy, Mod 1, Mod 2, KS. All SR15s, just different generations.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:46:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agnisco] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rohardi1:
So The KS line will still be a SR-15. They uppers will get the KS(X) designation, But the lowers will still be marked SR15 with some updates like full ambi. Think of it more as a Legacy, Mod 1, Mod 2, KS. All SR15s, just different generations.
View Quote

The KS-3 guns we got for work a couple months ago are marked KS-3 on the upper receiver.  The lower receivers are marked SR-15 but are the new ones with the integrated trigger guard and ambi bolt hold/release.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By agnisco:

The KS-3 guns we got for work a couple months ago are marked KS-3 on the upper receiver.  The lower receivers are marked SR-15 but are the new ones with the integrated trigger guard and ambi bolt hold/release.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agnisco:
Originally Posted By Rohardi1:

Yes. The ambi lowers at SHOT were still marked “SR15” on the magwell.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#6]
So regardless of what it's called, will the civilian market see a "KS-1", i.e. a 13.7" rifle with URX6, dimpled barrel, and the new full ambi lower with that integrated trigger guard?

From the AR Build Junkie video with Trey I think that's what they said, but any clarification would be helpful.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:37:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rohardi1] [#7]
Originally Posted By jakjakman:
So regardless of what it's called, will the civilian market see a "KS-1", i.e. a 13.7" rifle with URX6, dimpled barrel, and the new full ambi lower with that integrated trigger guard?

From the AR Build Junkie video with Trey I think that's what they said, but any clarification would be helpful.
View Quote

If I had to guess, (and this is just a guess) you will see the KS 2, 3, and 4 as regular production items and see limited KS1 uppers released to the civi market here and there when there are lulls in the British contract.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By snm:
They’re fulfilling backorders and then will switch to production of ks1. That’s my understanding
View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jakjakman:

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jack_L:

Yes.
View Quote
Hell yea. Thanks man, you made my day.
Top Top