Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2024 11:11:59 AM EDT
On both my 11.5 and 14.5 SBR lowers, I am absolutely unable to utilize any other mil-spec upper receiver because of the pivot pin fitment. None of my Colts or any of the other Aero/Square Forge uppers I have will work. They are fairly tight on the KAC uppers as well. There is a very noticeable cant (about .010-.015")  in the pin as it can be tilted up to go straight into the opposite bore without any effort at all, but still binds up very badly in the front lug of the upper on anything other than Knight's Armament. It's almost like the pin is out of spec. Has anyone encountered this?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I would contact KAC CS.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Done. Thanks Jack!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By no_cigar:
On both my 11.5 and 14.5 SBR lowers, I am absolutely unable to utilize any other mil-spec upper receiver because of the pivot pin fitment. None of my Colts or any of the other Aero/Square Forge uppers I have will work. They are fairly tight on the KAC uppers as well. There is a very noticeable cant (about .010-.015")  in the pin as it can be tilted up to go straight into the opposite bore without any effort at all, but still binds up very badly in the front lug of the upper on anything other than Knight's Armament. It's almost like the pin is out of spec. Has anyone encountered this?
View Quote

OP, if you can update us when you find out what KAC has to say that would be appreciated.  I have not had this issue with this KAC but have had issues with other manufacturers that I didnt care enough to do anything about so I would like to know what the "fix" is, if anything.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:40:35 AM EDT
[#4]
My SR-30 is like this. KAC lower barely fits, but no other lower I own to include Colt fits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top