Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2022 4:47:28 PM EDT
Is there a cheaper place to order a stainless Samson folder for the mini 14 than directly from Samson?  I don't even own a Mini yet, but I am probably going to purchase that folder and then try to find a stainless tactical Mini. If you have this stock then I'd love to here about it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 4:58:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xanadu] [#1]
I think you are putting the cart before the horse, but here you go..
https://centerfirereserve.com/product/samson-a-tm-folding-stock-for-the-ruger-mini-14/
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Never owned, or handled one, but their AR hand guards, like what Macon Armory put on my upper are trash.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:55:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNZ71] [#5]
I got the blued one, it is a carbon copy of the Ruger stock I had on my AC556 except for the pistol grip.  I paid $272.70 from Lambo's Armory. They're out but they have in stock notification.

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=65285&referrer=cnwr_4191340829622
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had one since they first started shipping.  Makes the Mini 14 a little more fun.  

Shop Ruger usually gets restocked quicker than most other retailers.  I don't know that you'll find too many opportunities for discounts- Samson's cost on making these is so high.

https://shopruger.com/Ruger-Mini-14-A-TM-Folding-Stock-Stainless/productinfo/13006/
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info gentlemen.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BPR:
I've had one since they first started shipping.  Makes the Mini 14 a little more fun.  

Shop Ruger usually gets restocked quicker than most other retailers.  I don't know that you'll find too many opportunities for discounts- Samson's cost on making these is so high.

https://shopruger.com/Ruger-Mini-14-A-TM-Folding-Stock-Stainless/productinfo/13006/
View Quote

This is true, I ordered mine from Ruger and was surprised to see it at my door in 2 weeks
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Samson also makes a nice handguard for the mini.  I have a Vortex Venom 3moa on mine. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered the stock from Shop Ruger. I believe it is back ordered but that's no big deal. I have a Beretta ARX 100 on consignment at my local dealer so it may be a while before I'm ready to buy a new mini, if they become available.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered the blue one from Samson last Friday and it shipped today.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine shipped yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 4:53:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#13]
Found this thread as it seems these stocks of OOS everywhere. Is Samson still making these?

Appears I did not look well enough.

https://centerfirereserve.com/product/ruger-a-tm-mini-14-folding-stock-by-samson-black/
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I talked to Samson 2 weeks ago about the same stock (but for my 10/22) and they said they had problems getting the hinge mechanism or something from their supplier but that they have been getting them regularly now so you should be seeing them trickle back in stock.  I’m still waiting on my 10/22 stock but hopefully not too much longer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
I talked to Samson 2 weeks ago about the same stock (but for my 10/22) and they said they had problems getting the hinge mechanism or something from their supplier but that they have been getting them regularly now so you should be seeing them trickle back in stock.  I’m still waiting on my 10/22 stock but hopefully not too much longer.
View Quote

Anyone seeing/hearing/feeling a trickle?
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I got my stock, just a little more than 30 days from order to recieved. Fits great love it. Is there a trick to getting a sling swivel on the rear?  I tried a few I had and did not line up to lock the swivel.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By A-10:
I got my stock, just a little more than 30 days from order to recieved. Fits great love it. Is there a trick to getting a sling swivel on the rear?  I tried a few I had and did not line up to lock the swivel.
View Quote

Samson has a QD swivel mount designed to be used with their stock. It looks more like an afterthought to me, hence the reason I never bought the stock.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

Samson has a QD swivel mount designed to be used with their stock. It looks more like an afterthought to me, hence the reason I never bought the stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LIONHART:
Originally Posted By A-10:

Took a bit but got an uncle mikes swivel on then found an actual grove tech today at a LGS and got it on. I like better than a qd socket.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Davidson's just got some in stock, I think the the blued version.

@JDoggyHoplite my favorite Mini nut next to @RAF
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve had mine for a year or so.  I bought after the initial rush when they were selling at or a bit under MSRP.

I like it.  It’s well made and quite functional and I eventually put a vented aluminum hand guard on it.

The push button QD adapter is almost a must have as a regular QD swivel doesn’t work well.

A side mounted swivel works better but requires a different gas block or drill and tapping your standard gas block, but there isn’t much metal to work with there.  I initially used some para cord:

But eventually went with this wire loop QD sling attachment from Blue Force Gear.

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 5:02:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Even better, they have come out with a version that copies the AC556 with the front sight built in.  Perfect for a Mini 14 SBR!  I have been researching various options to have my barrel chopped and the sight moved back, looking for a front sight/flash hider, etc.  This will make it easy as can be- replace the top of the gas block, and just have the barrel cut down and threaded.  Add a Ruger flash hider, and it will look pretty close to the AC556.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tac556:

Even better, they have come out with a version that copies the AC556 with the front sight built in.  Perfect for a Mini 14 SBR!  I have been researching various options to have my barrel chopped and the sight moved back, looking for a front sight/flash hider, etc.  This will make it easy as can be- replace the top of the gas block, and just have the barrel cut down and threaded.  Add a Ruger flash hider, and it will look pretty close to the AC556.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23705/IMG_1504_jpeg-3025996.JPG
View Quote
Use gas block torque value of 25 in/lbs instead of OEM torque of 40 in/lbs.  Maintain gaps on both sides between gas block and gas block cap.  This has been demonstrated to increase accuracy.  While the gas block is apart, consider buying a Gas Reduction Bushing Kit from ASI  Most folks use either the .040 or .045 bushing but buy the kit as your Mini-14 (or your ammo) may "want" a different size bushing.  This new, smaller I.D. gas bushing replaces the HUGE OEM Inner Diameter gas bushing, and increases accuracy, reduces battering, and provides a little more energy behind the bullet; you may need to re-zero afterwards.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By raf:
Use gas block torque value of 25 in/lbs instead of OEM torque of 40 in/lbs.  Maintain gaps on both sides between gas block and gas block cap.  This has been demonstrated to increase accuracy.  While the gas block is apart, consider buying a Gas Reduction Bushing Kit from ASI  Most folks use either the .040 or .045 bushing but buy the kit as your Mini-14 (or your ammo) may "want" a different size bushing.  This new, smaller I.D. gas bushing replaces the HUGE OEM Inner Diameter gas bushing, and increases accuracy, reduces battering, and provides a little more energy behind the bullet; you may need to re-zero afterwards.
View Quote

Good info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top