Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2023 9:45:07 AM EDT
Anyone shoot or fingerfuck a M110 Magpul Hunter?  Seems very well built and nice trigger.  18” heavy barrel.  Pretty stocky rifle.  Impressions or good/bad from use?
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Not shot, but fondle at the store. I have another savage 10, and really like it. The magpul hunter is on my need list for sure. I think savage is usually the right answer.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Have one on order in 6.5 creedmoor, which I plan to swap to 260 remington. So it will serve as a hunting rifle which can be easily suppressed in a 6.5 caliber I already reload for.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a  Savage-Stevens Mod110- Series E. in 30-06.   I know not the Magpul, but darn close.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 1:48:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DKlic6] [#4]
Can't recommend from my experience.  I'm about to send it back to Savage.  I've tried a bunch of different ammo, torqued all mounts / action screws, and 2 different optics with no luck.  I have other rifles that will hold moa with me behind it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#5]
So I have a 308 12fv that is in the magpul hunter 110 chassis that I had cut and threaded to 18.5”.  It is quickly becoming my favorite target gun.  The chassis and acis mags are great and I dig the heavy short barrel.  Assuming the factory magpul hunter is built to the same quality, mines a tack driver and still not to long with a 9” suppressor added on.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Stock seems heavy for what it is. I was surprised when I got mine for a Ruger.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By heavily_armed:
Have one on order in 6.5 creedmoor, which I plan to swap to 260 remington. So it will serve as a hunting rifle which can be easily suppressed in a 6.5 caliber I already reload for.
View Quote

Used to be able to call them up and custom order one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Heavier than the accustock? Does anyone make flush fit mags?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’ve never weighed an accustock so I don’t want to say for sure but I think the Magpul is heavier. As for mags I’ve seen some super stubby AICS mags but don’t know who made them. I’ve never really understood why they call the stock Hunter as it seems much more like a heavy target/varmint stock.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

MDT makes 3-round AICS mags

https://mdttac.com/308-6-5-creedmoor-mdt-polymer-aics-magazine-3-rnd/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top