Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2023 9:01:37 AM EDT
I'm using black hills design ssr extension, I like it alot, but my ocd has me wondering if the gas block clearance will give me any issues...
Does this clearance look acceptable?
Gas black top
Gas block bottom

It isn't making contact anywhere, I can slide pieces of paper between them, just seems close.
Let me know what you guys think, thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Man that's close. Since it's not touching anything I'd say you're probably alright. The best thing to try in my opinion would be to shoot some groups with and without it on to see if they open up or you get a POI shift.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
That is super close, but like maxxmojo said shoot some groups and see how it does with the extension on, then off.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, I ended up filing off the sharp edge of the gas block for a better look
Shaved edge

I got an email for the maker of the rail, he said they are tight in tolerance but won't be an issue since they do not touch.
I took the scar to the range yesterday and shot its usual groups, so I believe it's good to go
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
You might eventually see marks on the rail/gas block over time.  As the barrel whips during operations they might touch but I do not see it being or become an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top