Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2023 1:21:32 PM EDT
The first thing I did when I got my scar was install a dead air brake and timed it off the jam nut that comes with the scar 17. About 700 rounds later almost all suppressed, I have read NOT to use the jam nut for muzzle devices for suppressors. The alignment checked out with the kba rod on my nomad...
Long story short I have had zero issues with this setup, the muzzle device has never come loose, I didn't use any thread locker either.
Are there any other concerns that could come about?
Thanks

Muzzle brake timed with jam nut
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are pics of the scar with the normal L suppressor and kba alignment rod, I couldn't get a great top down center pic, so here are a left and right. Looks to be concentric.

Left

Right

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top