Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2024 6:04:25 PM EDT
I have a scar 17, will the sig tango msr lpvo hold up?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
it "Should" but make sure it has a warranty. I use either Elcan, NF or Vortex Razor III 1x10 on mine, those have held up fine.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
let us know
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: t4man] [#3]
Wil do.
I really like the optic so I figured what have I got to loose. Sig Optics is supposed to have a good warranty..

I feel kinda dirty putting a 300.00 optic on it
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By t4man:
Wil do.
I really like the optic so I figured what have I got to loose. Sig Optics is supposed to have a good warranty..

I feel kinda dirty putting a 300.00 optic on it
View Quote

You should consider a very good mounting system to better protect the optic if you haven’t already done so.

The 17 IS hard on optics but I suspect it’s a mix of lower quality optics plus the often accompanying lower quality or wrong mount as well.

The rifles monolithic so don’t use a cantilevered mount, allegedly those contribute to damaged glass.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
To a point, you get what you pay for.

I think a lot of the hoopla around scars killing optics is overblown. If the optic is reputable and well made, I doubt you would ever see issues.

Will your scar shake apart that Chinese glass? Maybe. Probably more likely to break that sig scope than a NF or a Leupold. Part of it depends on your use case, I’d hate to be out on a hunt and downloading sigs warranty form.

As others have mentioned, buying an ADM delta mount or equivalent should help mitigate the issue. But at that point you are paying the same price for a mount as your optic. Don’t put autozone wheels on a Ferrari.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top