Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2024 8:20:32 PM EDT
Got a choice to make guys.
I just purchased a Tikka Roughtech. I have a Nikon FX1000 I was going to mount on it. Should be a nice setup, but I started thinking.
I am purchasing another rifle, probably Ruger American Gen II in 6.5 PRC. I will need a scope for that.
I am thinking to put the Nikon on the Ruger and get something for the Tikka.
Or Keep the Nikon for the Tikka and get something inexpensive for the Ruger. Maybe a PA SLx? Or the Vortex PST Gen 1? Arken EPL4?
Would like to keep the price range at about $400-$500. Let me know what you guys think?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look and check out the Utube videos of the Bushnell MatchPro scopes. I don't have one (yet) to put on my naked Weatherby Vanguard 243Win, but for the cost of about $350 or so, they have some very good reviews in clarity, shooting capabilities, with great turret control.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Alot of good scopes out there

What do you plan on doing with it?
Hunting, target shooting, plinking?
Going to dial for elevation or hold over?
Weight a consideration?

More knowledge people will be in but hopefully this'll get some better answers

I have a vortex diamondback HD on my hunting rifle. More magnification than I need but it's a good scope.

Also have viper pet gen1 and gen2
Vortex diamondback tactical
And Bushnell nitro

All fantastic for their intended purposes that I use for
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:57:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sirgarreth] [#3]
Decided on a PA 4-14 SLx. Took the Arken EP5 of the AR and put the PA on it. Will use the Arken for the build.
Going to stick with the Nikon for the Tikka and put the Arken on a Howa 1500 build.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top