Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2024 6:49:09 PM EDT
Just got a .25 Marauder. Looking to get a scope. Benjamin recommended me the  LR416AORG2. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:59:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PNFLDS] [#1]
I use this https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1712565719 in a  .22cal Marauder.

Disregard, I have a different model, most likely discontinued.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mfinaustin] [#2]
Meopta great Czech scopes.

Meopta Scope

Parallex down to 10 yards. Side focus
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You really need to identify what you intend to do with your Marauder.  Since any reasonably good scope will work well on it your selection will be narrowed by several factors.  First, the scope will need to focus at the closest range you intend to shoot, and out to the farthest.  Second, you will need to choose magnification.  Fixed power scopes have the advantage in that nothing changes with respect to hold overs, while variables allow you to zoom in or out as desired.  Third, if you hold over rather than click, FFP scopes may be a better choice, though they tend to be a bit more expensive.  Fourth, you will select the reticle that you like.  Fifth, consider the required ring height, and if will you get a good cheek weld with it.  Big objective bells let in light and increase resolution, but require tall rings.

Personally, I found that for most of the casual target shooting that I do with my Marauder and Armada, the Hawke Sidwinder Tactical 10X fixed power scope with half mil-dots works quite well.  A number of folks at first think the 10X is a bit much, but with practice, they soon find that it may be limiting.  It is a bit much if you are shooting most game critters for which it is suited.  But, if you are shooting at small targets, it might not be enough.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing since you didn't say pistol, you have the rifle one. But since I don't know if the receivers are the same or not, I'll share this.

On my 22 Marauder Pistol I put on a Hawke 11mm dovetail to Weaver/Picatinny adapter base with the Hawke Weaver 1" Low Double Screw rings on top. I'm a little annoyed to have stacked that many things on it, but it gave a good low height over bore while still *just* clearing the magazine. The adapter base can double later as a mount for a red dot if I want to do that later.

I used a Winchester branded 2-7x32 air rifle scope. A PCP may not need an air rifle scope, but I had it as a take-off from a cheap springer I no longer have. Cheap? Yeah. Works? Yeah. Field safe? Beats me. Included scope rings suck? You bet! Screws galled to the base and rings. I had to drill the heads off when adjusting the scope placement. I then adjusted the Winchester wings into the recycle bin. Let them figure out what kinda garbage metal it is...

For better use of the eye box I took off the installed hand grips and installed the stock. If I go back to pistol grips, I'll take off the scope and install a dot.

Works to put small groups of holes in things that need holes. It's astonishing how repeatable it is, as long as the pressure is up. The pistol isn't too hard to keep pumped up with a hand pump. Especially if you  have the guys that want to try it out do the pumping so they can have the full experience.

PN
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the input!

Should have given some more details.

I'm asking about the rifle, not the pistol.

It will generally be for pretty small targets, anywhere from 10-50 yards max most likely.
Leaning towards something fixed.

Benjamin said I need a medium or hight profile dovetail mount. Does that change anything?

Budget is a big one. Really only interested in spending like $150 or less. This would be my first scope, can't really justify spending more on a scope than I did on the rifle right now.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By comma:
Thanks for all the input!

Should have given some more details.

I'm asking about the rifle, not the pistol.

It will generally be for pretty small targets, anywhere from 10-50 yards max most likely.
Leaning towards something fixed.

Benjamin said I need a medium or hight profile dovetail mount. Does that change anything?

Budget is a big one. Really only interested in spending like $150 or less. This would be my first scope, can't really justify spending more on a scope than I did on the rifle right now.

Thanks!
View Quote

For a $150.00 budget I would search for a used Tasco or Bushnell with Japanese glass. Or maybe an older Redfield or Leupold with a good AO. I personally would increase my budget and look at the Vortex $350.00 price range optics.
Vortex Strike Eagle
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn OP, how much was it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top