Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2024 7:15:23 PM EDT
What are the better shotgun WML lights for MLOK today?  I would like to stay in the $200 and under range so, I have been watching EE for something to turn up.  I could do a $400 light but, I think that is overkill for a home defense shotgun.

TIA,
Sid
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:23:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377] [#1]
The $400 lights are the better lights.

Having said that, I've had good luck using the Streamlight ProTac HLX rail mount lights on most of my carbines/shotguns.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/protac-rail-mount-hl-x
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:42:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rezarf2] [#2]
inforce WMLx lights are a good fit on a shotgun but the reviews are iffy. I think the switch also lends to mounting on a handguard without unnecessary cables and remote switches.  They have a good form factor, good reliability and don't break the bank. You still need to go from MLOK to Picatinny to the light but I don't know of a direct MLOK light as of yet. I have heard of battery drain issues.

The tried and true light on shotguns would be the Surefire forend... they rock, even the old ones which pop up from time to time in your price range.

For sub $200 I think you'll be looking at a used, older surefire or a streamlight.

But man I dig the form factor of a WML on a shotty.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You can go with a Streamlight HL-X and use an Arisaka MLOK mount. You will be under that $200 budget. Ergo also makes a MLOK pic rail mount that will allow you to mount any light to it. You can see it in the last pic, I replaced it with the Trex light bar because it was lighter over all.

I use a Surefire DF600 with a Trex arms light bar. It is pricy but is a proven design with a mount that allows flexibility.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with a Surefire Turbo. The swivel mount really allows you to get it in the right spot to activate with your thumb. And if you need to push it forward a little more, Arisaka makes a great light bar type replacement mount.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I recommend going with mounting a streamlight of some sort. On 2 of my shotguns I have a streamlight rm1 mounted. I use to run inforce lights and I always had issues with the batteries dieing when stored. This isn't a issue I've experienced with any of my 5 streamlight lights over the last 6 years.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#6]
That is one awesome setup @MK318. Lots of win on that boomstick. I just picked up a a300UP and looking forward to building it up over time. Compared to my Benelli's it needs very little.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:45:25 AM EDT
[#7]
SF Scout dual fuel in a IWC mount on my 14” Benelli M4 I carry at work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MK318:
You can go with a Streamlight HL-X and use an Arisaka MLOK mount. You will be under that $200 budget. Ergo also makes a MLOK pic rail mount that will allow you to mount any light to it. You can see it in the last pic, I replaced it with the Trex light bar because it was lighter over all.

I use a Surefire DF600 with a Trex arms light bar. It is pricy but is a proven design with a mount that allows flexibility.
View Quote

I'm hoping to turn up another SureFire 600DF.  I have one mounted to a rifle and like it a lot.  I find the throw and flood to be well balanced for close to intermediate ranges.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JJL0325:
I'd go with a Surefire Turbo. The swivel mount really allows you to get it in the right spot to activate with your thumb. And if you need to push it forward a little more, Arisaka makes a great light bar type replacement mount.
View Quote

Is the SureFire Turbo Scout just a 600DF with the newer mount?  

The 640DFT-Pro looks like a more focused rifle light for longer range based on the 600DF with the new mount.

I don't need the range of a long distance rifle light and its sacrifice of situational awareness closer in due to its lower illumination in the spill.  Does the Turbo Scout have a good spill in the 50Y~100Y range?  How does it compare to my 600DF?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top