Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2024 3:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer]
As a guy who really likes bullpups, I've been interested in these Turkish units that started showing up a few years ago.  First via Panzer Arms, now the Tokarev branded model - though from what I can tell, they likely are all made at the same factory in Turkey (now officially spelled Turkiayeyyia!?), with just a few minor differences.  

In particular, I've never really taken shotguns all that seriously - in a world of M4's and PCC 9mm SMG configurable guns.  I'm not really willing ot spend serious money on this topic.  In 3-gun, I just hated the shotgun stages as absurd reloading speed tests.   But then they started having magazine fed shotguns.   Interesting.  And then they started getting cheap.  More interesting (I am an Engineer here folks!).   And then they started making magazines fed bullpups.  NOW I'm interested!  I never got the Panzer because it wasn't cheap enough, and didn't take replaceable chokes.

I picked up basically a couple cheap 5 gal buckets worth of 12 ga shells from an estate-sale, with all kinds of ammo ranging from Military(grade) buckshot, slugs, #4 #6, #7 #9 shot shells, steel - you name it.  3" magnum buckshot., etc.  Mostly the cheap stuff though.

Then comes Tokarev.  Which you can get for $250 in-hand; why not?  I mean, what could go wrong?  

The reputation on these is pretty spotty.  Lots of reliability complaints.  So.. heck, $250 bucks, let's do this!

New:
Internets photo:

First off, you kind of get a lot for $250.  The gun comes with a useless set of pop-up plastic sights, one (1) 5 round magazine (cheap bastards), a few tools, and 3 chokes, and a spare Heavy rated gas part ring thingy.  AR controls with safety and bolt release.  The sights are just goofy, and way too high, and I already hate them.  The trigger is really bad.  Like, really bad.  

So I take it apart - holy crap - Rube Goldburg call on Line 1 please!   When it gets to requiring a screwdriver to remove a wood-screw, you know this is some serious mil-spec design.   But OK, whatever, I take it apart, clean out the packing grease.  And oil it.. uh.. here,  here, and .. I guess here.   Then I put it back togeth... hang on, where's the manual.  Right so this piece goe...  hang on, what's the picture say again.. right Ok, so this part slides.. in there.  And this screws reverse threaded here and then.  OK!  I got it back together!  This is not a field-take-down gun.

OK, order some of the 10 round magazines.  These are rather goofy looking, but sure.  Take it out the range and shoot it using the iron sights.

First outing
What a terrible experience.  The sights suck, hitting a bird sucks.  The trigger sucks.  The gun jams.   A good bit.  Bolt release is too stiff and doesn't work.  Mag release is very stiff, and difficult to work.  It's actually kind of cool - gas operated bullpup, when it works..

Well.. right, that's what everyone has been saying - right?

OK, but ... hmm... I run 100 rounds through it, to break it in, bring it home, another full-take down (but not too much torque on that one wood-screw!   Guah!- seriously? wood screw??).    Though, after this second take-down, I figure out that the instructions don't actually have to be followed in order, and most of what you want done, can be done without removing the stupid woodscrew.  

OK, this time I clean out the fouling, oil it up again - this time with the classic technique of "see where the finished got rubbed?  that spot there, needs oil", technique.

I also pre-load the mags, and by now some of them have sat loaded for weeks - since it's been said that's bad for shotgun shells (compresses them so they won't feed - they say; well that sounds bad - so let's test that!).

And now, I order a reflex sight for it.  OK, so... what to get?  Something with a big field of view, and as small of a "rim" as possible so that I won't lose things like clay birds coming in.  And not red, since most birds are orange, so green.   $250 shotgun, is NOT getting a $500 EOTech.   So... Here we go, Sightmark, same as an EOTech, Green, and $100(ish).  Done - ordered.   Is the Sightmark as good as an EOTech?  Meh - it's good enough.  I also decide to order a couple of those goofy 20 round magazines, which are just absurd, longer than the gun.  But sure, they're on sale (PSA daily deal got me again!).

Here's how tiny this thing is, and how it fits a guy on our outing. Obviously bolt still locked and sights not popped up yet.  Actually, I thikn he was trying to use a nub or something on the front when folded, which was just total fail.

Second outing
I load up and go shooting again, with a friend.  Who.. kind of loves it.  We end up crushing clays with the Sightmark/EOtech - as the thing has an impossibly fast swing, being a bullpup with an 18" BBL.  The recoil is pretty mild, being gas-operated.   And .. the trigger is better now.  By a lot, actually.  Ok, but the reliability is... actually pretty good.  Did have a couple hangups, but night and day better than when it was still new.

Hmm....

OK, take it home, do a much more cursory cleaning, and swap out the light gas-ring for the heavy.  Next outing - workout time!

3rd outing
I set up a bunch of steel, toss some cardboard boxes against the berms,  also brought some clays.  I load up the 2 3/4"" Military() buckshot.  It actually runs pretty good, and knocks the bejesus out of anything it hits.  Recoils a bit more.  Load up 3" buckshot, ouch.   Load up 3" Magnum OUCH.  Worse, these 3" Magnum shells had corroded hulls, which fractured.  Gun held up fine, but yea, when you get Estate Sale ammo, beware cat-pee soaked ammo.  Gun ran it fine.  I had a couple hangups, but again, very little this time.  

OK, switch out gas ring using the tool for a partial disassembly to get to it (which includes removing the upper cover, to which the sight is attached, which is great - what does that do to my zero?  Turns out, not much - then again, it's a shotgun, not a 200 yard rifle here, but in any event, zero held fine for what I'm doing.  

Start throwing clays which it crush very nicely.   Gun runs quite good.

Bring it home, clean it up.  Do a full one where I remove the choke.  Annnddd the choke is destroyed.  It's cheapshit low alloy and apparently the magnum rounds deformed it.  So!  That's nice.  Turns out, I have a spare replacement Benelli choke of that type, from my M2.  So... I install that one. Which is a bit longer and adds 3/4" of silver choke to the muzzle.  Which I think looks kind of awesome.  So there.  So: lesson from this, the Tokarev chokes are pot-metal quality, and they will deform under a heavy load.

4th outing.  Alright, gun is now broken in.  Has a quality choke on it, and now I'm at close to 500 rounds on this gun.  Trigger is actually kind of great now (for a bullpup).  Controls are broken in and work pretty smooth and decent now - including bolt-release and mag release.  

I bring 75 rounds of cheap bird ammo preloaded in various 10 and 19 (NOT 20 - grr) round magazines.  Annnnddd forgot my clay pigeon thrower.  Since part of this day was function testing, and in particular function testing the 19 round magazine which had some hang-ups last outing, I figure I'll help with some of the yard-maintenance along one of the side-berms.  I do a rapid fire run of 19 rounds and 10 rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger mowing down some of the tall weeds.  And it runs like a swiss watch the whole time.  Trigger was great, reliability was greaet, recoild was pleasant.  Handling, reloading, charging, and the SightMark, all worked great.

I actually kind of love this gun now - TBH.  It's fun, very effective, reliable, and tiny.

The lessons from all this:
1) It's a $250 shotgun - if you're are of very limited means, this is a STAGGERING amount of power capability for cheap. It's also a $250 shotgun - expect what you might expect from a $250 semi-auto shotgun.
2) It requires substantial break-in.  If you just spend $250 for this thing, load it up, and put in in the closet, this will get you killed.  Which kind of undermines the savings of being a $250 shotgun - but if you have route to shells, and just enjoy tinkering and shooting stuff, that's a feature!  It becomes serviceable after about 100 rounds, and well broken in at about 500.  That's a lot, but that's the deal. Also, if you are a Youtube-personality-influencer, and plan on doing all that break in with one outing and 500 shell's, that probably isn't going to work.  you have to take it apart and clean it a few times as you go.
3) Related to the above, the trigger, controls (trigger, bolt, mag)all are terrible at first.  They break in and get much better.
4) The gas system adjustments do work, but are a PITA.  Disassembly is a PITA.  A BIG PITA.  That said, being gas, and kind of dense (almost 8lb, especially with the Sightmark), recoil really is actually quite mild.  But then, up until now, I've been running a light Benelli M2 recoil operated shotgun - pretty much anything is softer then that.  
5) Bullpups continue to be AWESOME!  It's just a fun TINY little gun.  If you're left handed - this is not the gun for you!
6) Would I trust my life to it, or trust it on a hunt?   I guess so - after broken in; though let's make sure that first shot is a good one.  Would I trust running this at a 3-gun match?  Oh Hell yes.  My M2 is likely more reliable, but as noted- I find those stages just absurd reloading tests, and if I can run it based on pre-loaded magazines, I'll take this one.   I'm also not exactly in the top-10 most times either, so my care-meter isn't that high.
6) The magazines also need break-in.  Particularly the 19 round ones.  Though leaving them loaded for months even, doesn't appear to hurt anything - it hasn't for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh, thanks for AAR.   Good to hear.   I bought one a year ago and haven’t even shot it.  Was just intrigued by the design and the price.  Didn’t know PSA has the mags. Thx.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#2]
On the theme of cheap (which this so very is), here is the budgetary loadout of one of these rigs:

1) Shotgun: $250
2) Magazines: 10 rounders are about $20 if you really hunt and wait and get on sale.  19/20 rounders CAN be had for $30, but you really have hunt and wait - which I did.
3) Sighting system.  I run the SightMark
Amazon Product
  • 6061-T6 Aluminum Body: Blending durable 6061-T6 aluminum alloy with a protective shield. This combo ensures superior resilience against wear and damage, ideal for demanding environments requiring both strength and protection.

(But hunt around, I got mine for closer to $100) - again, I'm not putting a $500 optic on a $250 shotgun!
4) Case (see next post).

Also, here are the Magazine sizes.

For:
A pleasant day shooting at a couple clay birds

Hogs

Lots of Hogs

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:28:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#3]
Sightmark held up so far?  It looks really nice for the money.  
You should post this in GD.     People would be just as interested in the Sightmark torture test.

People will whine and cry about buying China-Turk, but we can all agree that large cap Shotties are needed, with the prevalence of armed drones.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:43:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#4]
and for the case - Here we go - $18 dollah from TEMU.  If you haven't shopped TEMU, this is would be what Big Lots and Aldi shoppers scoff at on their way to Harbor Freight - that's TEMU baby!  Amazon is Macy's, compared to TEMU!

https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601099522782935&_x_sessn_id=7q694qltg9&refer_page_name=bgt_order_detail&refer_page_id=10045_1711568001018_afcezvszgf&refer_page_sn=10045

Order the 33" unit, and after it makes it over from China (seriously, they dispatch from China), for my $17.49 case (including freight) arrives.  

Like most China junk, it's feature rich, quality low.   And kind of perfect.  First off, 33" is a total lie, but it fits my 30" shotgun OAL perfectly - even with the extended length that the Benelli's choke adds.

The fit.  It's padded, but the padding is pretty thin, in comparison to something actually name brand.  But good enough.

It fits my magazines, and accessories (I always save glasses/earphone/etc cases to then use as gun-specific parts-cases, to keep with the gun), and every gun I have has a little record book to track shells, maintenance, zero's etc.  And of course, always a spare battery.  Turns out, all my magazines, even the goofy 19 round ones, fit in the case all at once.  It's kind of perfect.

Here's that extra attention to detail you get, with a feature rich $17 case from China.  It comes with two internal velco straps to secure your gun!   Annnddd sure, it certainly does, both right next to each other about 2 " apart.  

The one part I can't figure out is it has this goofy feature on one end, that I can't udnerstand why is there at all, and what it's supposed to be used for.

Here's another view.  It has a zipper, but when you open the bag, the zipper has to open.  It has a draw-string, but the that also has to be loss for the bag to actually open.  It's covered by the main zipper when you zip up the bag, so it's not isolating anything.  You can't put anything in it, because it butterflys open when you open the bag.  My best guess it's it's some sort of concept a high-end brand did, that they copied, and completely botched the entire incorporation and design detail of?  I've never seen anything like it.  

Anyway, no big deal - point is, this case is kind of perfect for the Tokarev, and juuussst the right price!  

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Sightmark held up so far?  It looks really nice for the money.  
You should post this in GD.     People would be just as interested in the Sightmark torture test.

People will whine and cry about buying China-Turk, but we can all agree that large cap Shotties are needed, with the prevalence of armed drones.
View Quote

Double post it in GD as well?  I think double-posting is discouraged, but I suppose a link can be posted there?  Hit it!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:59:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dfariswheel] [#6]
Because I'm a fan of bullpup shotguns I looked up the Tokarev,
According to their web site these are chambered for 3 inch shells.

Did you actually shoot 3 1/2 inch shells????
If so, that ain't safe.

They certainly offer some bright colors.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:42:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#7]
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:

If so, that ain't safe.

View Quote

Ack!!  Good catch - I remembered in error.  I was running 2 3/4 and 3" magnum - not 3.5, Good catch.  I will correct that error, thank you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:50:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#8]

If so, that ain't safe.

View Quote

Especially with your face right there, yikes. These are repackaged Radikal Arms bullpups from a few years ago that were so bad a gun shop ended up throwing away hundreds of them. Before that they were the Panzer BP-12. It seems they dump these cheap bullpups on the market every few years, people buy them because they are cheap and most don’t shoot them much. The ones who do shoot them more than a few hundred rounds start running into issues and once words gets out, they are repackaged, renamed and sold all over again. While I hope the OPs will hold up, I’m not very optimistic it will last the long term. At less than $250 it’s not really a huge loss if it does give up though.  

Attachment Attached File

Edit: If someone can produce a reliable, inexpensive, semi auto, mag fed shotgun they will make some money. That is the direction 3 gun is going right now just because of the speed of the reloads.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:55:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#9]
Originally Posted By MK318:

Especially with your face right there, yikes. These are repackaged Radikal Arms bullpups from a few years ago that were so bad a gun shop ended up throwing away hundreds of them. Before that they were the Panzer BP-12. It seems they dump these cheap bullpups on the market every few years, people buy them because they are cheap and most don’t shoot them much. The ones who do shoot them more than a few hundred rounds start running into issues and once words gets out, they are repackaged, renamed and sold all over again. While I hope the OPs will hold up, I’m not very optimistic it will last the long term. At less than $250 it’s not really a huge loss if it does give up though.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4223_jpeg-3171304.JPG

Edit: If someone can produce a reliable, inexpensive, semi auto, mag fed shotgun they will make some money. That is the direction 3 gun is going right now just because of the speed of the reloads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MK318:

If so, that ain't safe.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4223_jpeg-3171304.JPG

Agreed.  

Though I will say the Bullpup-right-in-your-face concern, which is definitely one to think of, tends to be overstated since a Kaboom will tend to go path of least resistance, which is down the magwell and ejection port, both of which are huge, and the pressure of shotgun is quite low/ with a lot steel there on the face-side.  Forgotten Weapons talks about it with the much higher pressure RDB, and notes it's really kind of a non-item.  There actually is a video of a guy who had an OOB with a bullpup shotgun (he didn't close the bolt all the way on the manual manipulation), and it was pretty much a non-item; I think they were able to keep firing the gun even.  When my corroded 3" estate-sale buckshot magnums failed (that was a bit brave of me to run - I'll admit), the gun definitely gassed and spit out the ejection port, but kept on running.

As to the photo - I've seen that before.  I've never really understood that photo - the guns don't look obviously demilled.  And while it's effectively the same gun (again, I'm pretty sure all of these Turkish ones are the exact same gun from the exact same factory), the part I don't get is an FFL can just throw a bunch of guns away into an accessible dumpster like that?   I hope their trash-collection driver doesn't have a felony.   I can't tell if that photo is actually legit, or if it's staged.  I get it either way: these are cheap $250 shotguns,  And for all I know maybe they had some runs that were even worse early on.  

But as you say, for $250, I rather doubt this is going to be a lifetime hard-use gun.  And has the potential for all kinds of disappointments in all kinds of different ways.  Though Turkey is a mixed bag - they actually can make some pretty great guns for dirt cheap.  Is this one of those pretty great guns... uhhh... we'll see!    But I will say, right now, I kind of completely love it!  But, i won't sad if it dies - it's a $250 shotgun.  For those who have one, or want to get something on a lark, this things basically a walking claymore you can keep shooting at high rate as long as you keep feeding it magazines.  But you definitely have to break it in.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

Agreed.  

Though I will say the Bullpup-right-in-your-face concern, which is definitely one to think of, tends to be overstated since a Kaboom will tend to go path of least resistance, which is down the magwell and ejection port, both of which are huge, and the pressure of shotgun is quite low/ with a lot steel there on the face-side.  Forgotten Weapons talks about it with the much higher pressure RDB, and notes it's really kind of a non-item.  There actually is a video of a guy who had an OOB with a bullpup shotgun (he didn't close the bolt all the way on the manual manipulation), and it was pretty much a non-item; I think they were able to keep firing the gun even.  When my corroded 3" estate-sale buckshot magnums failed (that was a bit brave of me to run - I'll admit), the gun definitely gassed and spit out the ejection port, but kept on running.

As to the photo - I've seen that before.  I've never really understood that photo - the guns don't look obviously demilled.  And while it's effectively the same gun (again, I'm pretty sure all of these Turkish ones are the exact same gun from the exact same factory), the part I don't get is an FFL can just throw a bunch of guns away into an accessible dumpster like that?   I hope their trash-collection driver doesn't have a felony.   I can't tell if that photo is actually legit, or if it's staged.  I get it either way: these are cheap $250 shotguns,  And for all I know maybe they had some runs that were even worse early on.  

But as you say, for $250, I rather doubt this is going to be a lifetime hard-use gun.  And has the potential for all kinds of disappointments in all kinds of different ways.  Though Turkey is a mixed bag - they actually can make some pretty great guns for dirt cheap.  Is this one of those pretty great guns... uhhh... we'll see!    But I will say, right now, I kind of completely love it!  But, i won't sad if it dies - it's a $250 shotgun.  For those who have one, or want to get something on a lark, this things basically a walking claymore you can keep shooting at high rate as long as you keep feeding it magazines.  But you definitely have to break it in.
View Quote

IIRC it was the repair center for an importer and they were half ass chopping up guns sent in and throwing them away

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/dumpster-filled-with-nearly-250-firearms-found-outside-oklahoma-gun-shop
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:14:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#11]
Originally Posted By NWRed:

IIRC it was the repair center for an importer and they were half ass chopping up guns sent in and throwing them away

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/dumpster-filled-with-nearly-250-firearms-found-outside-oklahoma-gun-shop
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NWRed:

Agreed.  

Yeah they half ass demilled them and tossed them in the trash. They even gave two to a guy as wall hangers. ATF was not amused but fuck them. I’m not exactly sure what happened to the shop though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:18:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I've seen a few of those Turkish Bullpups & thought "What's Up with Those?"

Thanks for the Review!

Hope it was fun burning all those shells!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Since the price has dropped I grabbed a Marine version of the Tokarev bullpup. It is still in transit.  I have a thing for bull pups including a High Standard police shotgun from the 1970’s. Then I discovered the Hatsan Escort Bullpup which is tube fed instead of the box mags. So I ordered one of those also for under $250. I’ll see how they compare in a few weeks when they come in.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#14]
While they're pump guns, the Kel-Tec KSG and KS7 both have hardened steel receivers and load and eject from the bottom.
Any problems and it goes down not in your face.

I have thoughts that Kel-Tec just might develop a semi auto model.

The idea of a KA-BOOM in a shotgun blowing up a receiver is pretty much not likely, both due to the lower pressure shotgun shells and a receiver strong enough to stand up to any blow outs.
Where I'd be concerned would be in a powerful rifle round like a .308 and up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:25:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#15]
I think it would be funny to show up for a old-timey bird hunt Dove, pheasent, quail, etc) with a bulpup shotgun like this or a KS7.

I saw there is a Keltec 30" version of the KSG - Perfect for the Duck blind or Geese

I should send an email to Kel-Tec and ask if they make a duck plug to limit the KSG to two rounds!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Boyah - cheap mags on sale this weekend at Classic Arms.  No free shipping, which sucks, and no 20 round mags.  But good prices on the 5 and 10's.  I grabbed a couple more - why not?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Boyah - cheap mags on sale this weekend at Classic Arms.  No free shipping, which sucks, and no 20 round mags.  But good prices on the 5 and 10's.  I grabbed a couple more - why not?
View Quote

Yep $14.99 for a steel  10 rounder is a decent deal.  I've found that most of these turk mags work good in my VR80s as does the drum.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I have the Charles Daily version. Have around 10 rounds through it. Plan to break it in this summer. Changed out the choke so I can shoot slugs. Not to bad recoil. Taking it apart requires an engineer degree. Dam it sucks to take apart. Cheap sites. Need to find a cheap red dot. Got it for SHTF blaster. 00 buck and slugs. About same price OP paid. I’ll shoot it until it dies, then junk it. Still on the hunt for a real good semi auto 12 gauge with magazines.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the amusing review. I laughed in several parts. I'm also impressed this thing is turning out as good as it has.

My buddy has the Black Aces version of these bullpup shotguns and, with the exception of the really light loaded birdshot, it's been pretty reliable. Don't know how closely they're related to this particular gun, but I'd not be surprised to find out they're closely related or made in the same factory.

Does this take the 1919 style mags? If so, you should be able to get a drum for it.  That take some of the ridiculousness out of the length of the mag, without a obscene addition to width.

I went with the Lynx for my cheap semi auto shotgun fix and the best part of that is you get anything that works with the Saiga, which is honestly maybe too much at times. The mags and especially the drums are great, though. I'm really liking the 12 rounders as a compromise between size, weight, and capacity.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:54:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#20]
Originally Posted By tep0583:
Thanks for the amusing review. I laughed in several parts. I'm also impressed this thing is turning out as good as it has.

My buddy has the Black Aces version of these bullpup shotguns and, with the exception of the really light loaded birdshot, it's been pretty reliable. Don't know how closely they're related to this particular gun, but I'd not be surprised to find out they're closely related or made in the same factory.

Does this take the 1919 style mags? If so, you should be able to get a drum for it.  That take some of the ridiculousness out of the length of the mag, without a obscene addition to width.

I went with the Lynx for my cheap semi auto shotgun fix and the best part of that is you get anything that works with the Saiga, which is honestly maybe too much at times. The mags and especially the drums are great, though. I'm really liking the 12 rounders as a compromise between size, weight, and capacity.
View Quote

Glad you enjoyed!  Also, glad you brought uo the drum.   I've been told from other's with Turk-pup 12 Ga experience that those aren't a good pairing.  Apparently they bulk up and don't fit tucked under your arm so good.  So test that before spending the money on one.  Interestingly, The laughably long stick magazines aren't a big deal in the bullpup, since it's essentially under your arm and along your side.

Kind of the opposite a conventional layout would prefer.  And you can see in the first image the guy shooting it, the 10 round magazine that is a non item.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Here ya go: $199 Turk-pup and even cones with 2 mags.

https://gun.deals/product/revolution-armory-trp-35-12-gauge-185-5rd-bullpup-shotgun-black-19999

I know nothing about it.   But I will say, I value removable chokes because that opens the door to a lot of usages - including showing up at "respectable" shotgun events .

Website doesn't say, so id pass if no removeable chokes - but $199 is pretty cheap!
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Glad you enjoyed!  Also, glad you brought uo the drum.   I've been told from other's with Turk-pup 12 Ga experience that those aren't a good pairing.  Apparently they bulk up and don't fit tucked under your arm so good.  So test that before spending the money on one.  Interestingly, The laughably long stick magazines aren't a big deal in the bullpup, since it's essentially under your arm and along your side.

Kind of the opposite a conventional layout would prefer.  And you can see in the first image the guy shooting it, the 10 round magazine that is a non item.
View Quote

Good point. My buddy DID mention that the drums are kinda unwieldy in the bullpup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top