Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Sig MCX/MPX Photo Thread (Page 44 of 44)
Page / 44
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:01:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
https://i.imgur.com/7HbRJUM.jpg
View Quote

What suppressor are you running?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By jeffhsu95:

What suppressor are you running?
View Quote

Q Half Nelson
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have experience with Samson's mlok handguard for the MPX?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

great timing... I have the same can in jail for the same use. Debating getting a longer rail or just keeping it sticking out the front.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fitchsky:
Does anyone know if the Midwest handguard will cover a Rexsilentium mg7 supressor? ...Rex says on their website the mg7 is 1.7" and midwest says the handguards are 1.8" but figured I would see if anyone has this combination to confirm the clearances.

great timing... I have the same can in jail for the same use. Debating getting a longer rail or just keeping it sticking out the front.

@steviesterno16
Got an update on what handguard(s) fit (or don't fit) over your mg7?

I'm hoping to determine if the mg7 would fit inside my oem sig keymod handguard.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:

@steviesterno16
Got an update on what handguard(s) fit (or don't fit) over your mg7?

I'm hoping to determine if the mg7 would fit inside my oem sig keymod handguard.  
View Quote

@Morgan321 nah I haven't gone down that road enough to get an answer. The OEM canebrake is supposed to work but it looks like you can't use the m-lock slots if you have a fat-ass can. So I'd either need a pic top rail mount for my light or an extended thing so it's behind the can.

Honestly it seems like I'd be spending ~$300 to maybe get my support hand a few inches out on an already short, low round count gun. Not sure it's worth the squeeze for me yet.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
... it looks like you can't use the m-lock slots if you have a fat-ass can.

Honestly it seems like I'd be spending ~$300 to maybe get my support hand a few inches out on an already short, low round count gun. Not sure it's worth the squeeze for me yet.
View Quote

I can tell you my sico hybrid does fit in the sig mlok handguard, but not if anything is mounted on the handguard via mlok.  

I'm in the same boat sort of, trying to find out if an mg7 will fit in the sig keymod handguard.  Not cutting my handguard and don't want to buy a second handguard.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:29:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#7]
Reconfigured and cleaned the MPX this morning. Decided to take a family photo. Have to say, they're a good looking pair. MCX Spear LT 9" 556, SLXC, stock trigger, Romeo8T and MPX 4.5" w/ 2 segments + endcap of MODX-9, 8" Midwest Industries handguard, ELF Trigger, Romeo4T. Armaspec safeties and Radian charging handles on both (my favorite/easy upgrade).

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:13:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TROB] [#8]
First time using pick N pluck foam.  That stuff sucks.  I still cut it like normal foam and used plastic-dip after, so it turned out alright.

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Couple Gen1 MPX rolling through, parked in the handicap spot.

Left is the MPX we have at work and one on right is the MX we have at home.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TROB:
First time using pick N pluck foam.  That stuff sucks.  I still cut it like normal foam and used plastic-dip after, so it turned out alright.
View Quote

The pick and pluck foam is garbage. And Pelican usually tries to sell the Kaizen alternative for exuberant amounts. However, if you go to Kaisensource, they sell the foam for about $15 a layer and it’s usually perfectly fit to the case. I’ve used it a few times with great results and am in the middle of setting up a case for my Spear using it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:09:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2Keylows] [#11]
Super Mutt gun.
Spear Upper, Virtus 6.75 guts, Legacy handguard.
Eta: Looking for a Legacy upper to help even things out.

Eta:2
Well to no ones surprise, you get tighter fitment using a Legacy Upper with Legacy handguard.
Imo, the VC XTN works better with aluminum handguards. The carbon hg needs the longer rail groove on the legacy upper to be secure.

Since I had everything stripped down, here are some weight comparisons incase anyone nerds out like me.

Stripped Upper receiver weights (no BCG or CH. Includes FA weight or FA delete respectively)
Legacy: 1lb 1.9oz
Virtus: 1lb 3oz
Spear LT: 1lb 0.8oz
Rattler: 1lb 1.1oz

Polymer Forward Assist: 1.4oz
Legacy Aluminum Forward Assist: 2.2oz
FA Delete: .5oz

Virtuous Concepts MCX XTN: 0.5oz

Rattler 556 Handguard: 6.1oz
Lancer Carbon Fiber 10in: 5.9oz

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#14]

My MCX Build so far.

Lancer 12” CF Handguard
Sig Spear LT Upper
Virtuous Concepts XTN
Sheffield Blockhead LVAW Stock

It is a little weird with the XTN but it’s only because it wasn’t made for the Lancer Handguard. Locks up super tight though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#15]
No chance anyone would wanna sell me a Legacy upper with an ALTRD Handguard? Or even a virtus one? lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Added a 10" Lancer Handguard and ILWT adjustable gas block.
Haven't shot it yet, so not sure if I'll keep the obsidian in short or long config.

Page / 44
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked Sig MCX/MPX Photo Thread (Page 44 of 44)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top