Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2024 3:23:03 PM EDT
I don't know much about the PS90 platform yet. I've never handled one unit a few weeks ago when I picked it up at the FFL, still haven't shot it. I'm not much of an optics guy, but I know I want one for this gun.

So I'm confused not really by the optics themselves but more by how they mount(or pattern/footprint maybe is a better way to describe it). The only optic I have is a Holosun 510C that is mounted on an AR. I like iron sites for ARs and I have a few scoped rifles, but no red dots or reflex type sights.

My initial impression is that I would like to remove the rail that came on the rifle which is the M1913 USG rail and install something lower. It just seems way too tall. I like the fact that it has iron sights, but they seem almost useless.

I'm thinking about going with something in the Holosun line of Reflex Pistol sights or a red dot might be an option too, but again I have not idea about if most of the mounts are universal or proprietary to the manufacture.

I'm not fixed on any one brand of optic, I mention Holosun because mine has been reliable and wasn't crazy expensive.

Thanks
I will be checking back in on this thread, so if you have any questions shoot. I'm not sure what I want to budget for this project TBH.

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
yep,  an RMR or halo should be enough
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a primary arms red dot on my tri rail sbr
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Large field of view 1 to 1.5 power red dot optic.

Remember, this is a 75 m gun.

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I've tried an Aimpoint Pro and an RMR, the RMR stayed on it.  Wanted to try a Mini Acog, but the RMR does the job.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 6:00:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#5]
Go with a Ring sight, the newest improved model

See the thread in Bullpup sub forums
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By trvln:
yep,  an RMR or halo should be enough
View Quote

I run an RMR on mine and it works great. I also bought TROS mount so it sits lower than the factory rail and peep sights.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
Go with a Ring sight, the newest improved model

See the thread in Bullpup sub forums
View Quote

I skimmed over that before posting...I wasn't all that impressed with what the posters had to say.

What makes it worth buying?

@ChickenDaddy
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:45:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#8]
I think it fits best without being too tall—at least on my model.

If you can get one around $500, any more than that makes sense to get a mount and optic you like
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:17:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#9]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
I think it fits best without being too tall—at least on my model.

If you can get one around $500, any more than that makes sense to get a mount and optic you like
View Quote

Plus, it looks cool, is integrated like no other, and is ‘factory correct’, not that any of those are practical differences. It’s also tiny and not forgiving for head position, but I still love mine.

They can be bought for that price direct at the link I posted in that thread.

ETA: https://www.kingsviewoptical.com/products/electronic-black-ringsight/

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:44:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#10]
With the factory mount being absurdly high, for the spousal unit's new PS90, I went w/this w/the Vortex Crossfire for now w/the option to upgrade the optic later if desired:
Design Machine PS90 Mount

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I went with the same mount for an HS 503B.  Couldn't be happier with the sight picture, and would hate anything higher.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Pick whatever optic you want, then buy the specific mount for it from Design Machine, Tros or HB Industries.
Design has a 20% sale going right now, coupon code "spring20"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I did the green Ringsight with the fiber backup. I’m happy with it but I also hope I never have to re-zero it
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#14]
This is probably a very niche suggestion for a very niche gun, but I came up with a low-profile unobtrusive way to get a basic ‘back up sight’ arrangement on my PS90 TR version (the only variant without built in backup sights)

I used a low profile picatinny front sight up front, visible through the micro dot.

I took a black matte decal adhesive and traced a circle with a penny, exact size of the rear optic lens, and cut a small fraction of the bottom of that circle, giving me a sliver of about 1/5 of the size of the rear sight window. I cut a V notch into said decal, and carefully applied it to the lowest part of the rear optic lens.

It was actually pretty close to dead-on at 15yds. I lowered the front sight somewhat, and boom, basic no-frills minimalist sight system for a gun that is otherwise difficult to equip such an arrangement.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top