Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2024 9:37:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Not today Mr. Straw Man!!! and possibly ATF setup.. Not today.
Good catch!!!

So how does that work?

I'm assuming you tell them, you are sorry, but this transfer is denied/refused, then you'll ship the serialed item back to whoever it came from with tracking #, so you can prove you shipped it, then its up to them to get their refund from the seller?

Always wondered how that'd work...
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:19:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pzilla] [#2]
Her picture looks meh but the cleavage line is promising. Did you ask to show her tits as proof of ownership?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Good catch.  Do you have to report this kind of stuff?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pzilla:
Her picture looks meh but the cleavage line is promising. Did you ask to show her tits as proof of ownership?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#7]
In before some brain-damaged '24 account tells you you hate freedom and are anti 2A.

Also good catch. Fuck those idiots.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
In before some brain-damaged '24 account tells you you hate freedom and are anti 2A.

Also good catch. Fuck those idiots.
View Quote

To an extent, I get where those people are coming from.  Straw purchases are not illegal, but there are illegal straw purchases.  While a shop may not know for a fact, they are effectively forced to act in good conscience and under threat of loosing their license or worse (if the powers that be really want someone busted).

This one was likely pretty easy. If it was legit, the guy could easily be inside of the store, there was likely a simple reason why he wasn't.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:07:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#9]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:

To an extent, I get where those people are coming from.  Straw purchases are not illegal, but there are illegal straw purchases.  While a shop may not know for a fact, they are effectively forced to act in good conscience and under threat of loosing their license or worse (if the powers that be really want someone busted).

This one was likely pretty easy. If it was legit, the guy could easily be inside of the store, there was likely a simple reason why he wasn't.
View Quote

I as well, but blaming the store or seller for an issue that the ATF created (and concurrently expects firearms dealers to enforce or *consequences* ) is pants on head retarded.

The reality is that for straw purchasers, nothing really happens to them - charges that are usually dropped or reduced, etc etc. The onus is on the dealer, who will *graciously* receive the long dong of the state and the ATF if they complete a straw purchase.

Thus, you end up with "declined" if your face & name is not the one buying/owning the gun, or you are merely suspected of buying it for someone else. Simple as that.

I am agreeing with you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#10]

I as well, but blaming the store or seller for an issue that the ATF created (and concurrently expects firearms dealers to enforce or *consequences* ) is pants on head retarded.

The reality is that for straw purchasers, nothing really happens to them - charges that are usually dropped or reduced, etc etc. The onus is on the dealer, who will *graciously* receive the long dong of the state and the ATF if they complete a straw purchase.

Thus, you end up with "declined" if your face & name is not the one buying/owning the gun, or you are merely suspected of buying it for someone else. Simple as that.

I am agreeing with you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ag04blast:

I am agreeing with you.

Agreed.  The ATF has really hung the dealers out there.  That's why most of them operate with "when in doubt, deny".  I dont blame them for it one bit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:32:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#13]
Originally Posted By bigbore:

Like this guy who picked out the pistol he wants, but left his wallet at home so his friend will do the paperwork..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vj__qzXV_Q
View Quote

LOLMAOFLMAO

Love the "wtf" arm toss. Yeah bud, WTF? is right. You came in to a gun shop and expected the dealer to be cool with your "buddy" filling out the 4473? Cuz you don't have your wallet??? That may work on the Chili's bartender, but not with the feds.

I smell a sting.

Thats what kills me. It's not enough that the ATF explicitly expects the dealer to enforce straw purchase laws (and catch the brunt of these "wtf bro" people), they intentionally go out there and try to fuck up dealers by committing a straw purchase. It's borderline terroristic behavior.

ETA for your follow-up post, yeah, the civil side is fucked too. I can't imagine trying to deal firearms in this day and age.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Good job, their lack of emotion at being turned down says a lot.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, to you of all people.   Fuck them!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:43:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bigbore:
She was a nasty nervous East Side of Toledo dandy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXKYxXbsUEw
View Quote
JHC, the bitch spent the entire time digging her shorts out of her pussy and ass and her bra out of her tits.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
JHC, the bitch spent the entire time digging her shorts out of her pussy and ass and her bra out of her tits.
View Quote

I came here to post this. Her jittery movements were bothering the shit out of me. Like some kid who got caught doing something and was waiting for their dad to come home.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
View Quote

Lol, yes she was...
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Way to go O HI O!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Good job OP.  As of 05-01-2024 I will no longer be transferring any Taurus or Hi-Point Firearms.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:34:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m200maker] [#22]
Deleted. This isn’t GD sorry. I see straw purchases happening a lot out here. But the people of this wonderful state have a tough enough time with gun laws. Most shops don’t care about straw purchases.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By m200maker:
Deleted. This isn’t GD sorry. I see straw purchases happening a lot out here. But the people of this wonderful state have a tough enough time with gun laws. Most shops don’t care about straw purchases.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top