Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2024 10:34:18 PM EDT
In my box of random odds and ends, I have a Springfield 1871 Ward-Burton Bolt Action rifle receiver.  Just the receiver, no other parts.  Condition is what you expect.  There were only about 1000 of these things made and they are highly collectable (as an entire rifle though).

I have zero use for it.  Where would I go to determine if it's worth anything?

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question and I don't know any better than you do, but I would like to know, so OST.

I'd love to stumble into an affordable (bwah hahaha) complete example of this rifle for my half-baked attempt at a collection of the 1800s .45-70 bolt rifles. After a couple of decades, it's a bubba'd up Remington Keene, Remington Lee and two 3rd Model Winchester Hotchkiss, so I guess you could say that I'm flying along at the pace my username would suggest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top