Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2024 4:02:10 PM EDT
Has anyone had a chance to fingerbang one of these yet? I don't even know if they've hit the retail level in any numbers yet or not?

The old school wood stock certainly appeals to me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Reviews have been not so great, factory 10/22 accuracy from a bolt action. I would pass and buy a Ruger American for the same price or spend an extra $100 and buy a CZ
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
SPRINGFIELD 2020 RIMFIRE // WORST RIMFIRE OF 2023??

Springfield 2020 Rimfire Review: well it seemed like a good idea....

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If you like classy wood stocks, the right answer is to look at old used guns from the years 1920-1970

The Springfield ( basically like most of the other stuff they sell) is an import with the SA inc name slapped on it.

Not denying the Turks can produce some decent guns, but everything I have read about this one is that it doesn’t make the cut at all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:
Reviews have been not so great, factory 10/22 accuracy from a bolt action. I would pass and buy a Ruger American for the same price or spend an extra $100 and buy a CZ
View Quote

Oh, jesus, no way would I buy a Ruger of any type.

I own multiple CZ rimfires, Browning T-Bolt, Marlins (including HB target models no longer made), a super recent Tikka T1 & Anschutz. Have close to two dozen rimfires now, so I need another one like I need 4 wives & 20 kids (I'm 65).  

It's just that the 2020 looked SO nice in its wood package that I thought I'd ask about it. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By captain127:

The Springfield ( basically like most of the other stuff they sell) is an import with the SA inc name slapped on it.
View Quote

Well, that's just sad. I was hoping for a Springfield-made model to go with my 87A, made in god-knows-when. It doesn't even have a S/N (that I can find), it's so old.

See my earlier post about my current .22 stash.    
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By USPguy:

I own multiple CZ rimfires, Browning T-Bolt, Marlins (including HB target models no longer made), a super recent Tikka T1 & Anschutz. Have close to two dozen rimfires now, so I need another one like I need 4 wives & 20 kids (I'm 65).  

It's just that the 2020 looked SO nice in its wood package that I thought I'd ask about it. Thanks for the info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:

Pass on this one OP, just walk away
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I kinda want one to re barrel

Like the 10/22 mags and rem 700 trigger compatibility
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Go with a CZ-457 instead, outstanding firearm. I love my 457 scout, it's great for teaching kids and small game hunting. Plus it is an awesome suppressor host. The only real downside is the cost of metal magazines is a little high.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Well, that's just sad. I was hoping for a Springfield-made model to go with my 87A, made in god-knows-when. It doesn't even have a S/N (that I can find), it's so old.

See my earlier post about my current .22 stash.    
View Quote

The Springfield 87A ( and other “Springfield “marked guns of that era)  were made by savage/stevens. Solid utilitarian working guns
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I took delivery of one weekend before last, got me a cheap RDS for the funzies while I figure out what $200-300 scope I want. Give me this weekend or next, and I’ll update in this thread.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This is the “standard” walnut. I couldn’t justify any of the nicer woods. I’ll say this, fit and finish is wonderful, and even though I shouldn’t aughta, I dry fired it once and the trigger is very nice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Took it to an indoor range today.  Sorry, I neglected to take a pic of the target, but it was a great representation of offhand shooting with a red dot at 70 feet.   I decided to go to an indoor range, as it was a gorgeos day, and my outdoor range option is 40 minutes away, filled with Cletuses that like to flag people, and I would've been standing around for over an hour for a bench to open.  The indoor range doesn't have seats, and the "table" is about 12" wide, with a rubber pad, which meant that I was leaning forward with my elbows on a squishy surface trying to stabilize my rifle as much as possible.

I shot 100 rounds of CCI Mini-mags.

The included mags fed smoothly and had positive, if not quite drop-free, ejection.  I tried one of my Ruger 10/22 mags, and it fit, but tightly, and I had to push the top of the mag from the chamber to get it to eject.  

The action is amazingly smooth. I did not have any failures to extract or eject.  The bolt throw is amazing.  I was cycling the rifle with one finger, for the most part, flipping up, pulling back, pushing in, and flipping down with my index finger.  You can feel a very positive engagement with the lock/cock mechanism of the bolt in the last couple of degrees of throw.  

I don't have a trigger scale, but the trigger was very light, and was very consistent.  Very little, if any take up, and a very nice clean break.  Supposedly, it's a Remington 700 compatible trigger, so at some point in the future, I may replace it with a real fancy one, but, I bought this rifle to introduce my son to a bolt action with optics, and a better trigger isn't a priority as nice as the stock one is.

I'd not hesitate to recommend this to someone who wants a bolt action 22 with a common magazine.  I do not doubt that with a scope and rest or shooting bags, I could get the claimed 1" at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top