Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2024 12:35:17 PM EDT
I removed a 3x9x40 and whatever the mounts are where you can use the iron sites (I've had that setup since the 1990's on this rifle) to make room for a Midwest Industries rail and a sight mark wrath. I had some nocturnal animals I had to take care of that were getting to my chickens. Now, I would like to leave the rail in place and find a conventional rifle scope and mount/rings that will work with the rail.

I want something that gives a good cheek rest and if possible I'd like to keep the scope and rings/mount to about 300$ or less. I was looking at something like the Vortex Crossfire II rimfire 2-7x32 scope or other similar scopes. I think I might even want scope that starts at 1 power. I have no idea what would be a good option for rings/mount.

I haven't bought a "scope" or mount in ages and there are so many options it gets overwhelming when trying to shop around.

Suggestions please!
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:31:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IronColon] [#1]
This one has a Sightron 3-9x32 rimfire that I like. The one I bought years ago was made in the Philippines, seems like a decent scope for the money.

I used these Talley ring mounts instead of a rail and rings. Nice sturdy set up.

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
PSA has a Vortex Sierra $120 shipped. I'm nailing nats ( ok not nats )  100 yds.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IronColon:
This one has a Sightron 3-9x32 rimfire that I like. The one I bought years ago was made in the Philippines, seems like a decent scope for the money.

I used these Talley ring mounts instead of a rail and rings. Nice sturdy set up.

View Quote

I would like to keep the MI rail, so I can swap the wrath on when I need it. I'll look into the specs on the scope when I have a chance. I'm actually about to go to the range and shoot some 22lr in a converted AR.

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 3:07:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QtrHorse] [#4]
Go with this combo and you can get both from Optics Planet for  $233.03 plus tax if you use the discount code at the bottom of the image.

I have the DNZ mounts on all my rimfire rifles, fantastic mounts.

A lot of the rimfire shooters like the Burris XTR and Z rings as well.  

It’s easier to remove and remount a 1 pc mount  like the DNZ over two separate rings if you will be randomly putting the wraith back on.

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at WestHunter model #WH201 on Amazon. They are adjustable height picatinny rail, come in different colors and are 30mm w/inserts for 1" scopes.

Have a pair wife got me for Christmas and are built quite well and appear to be very sturdy.  They are not QD is this is something you'd want though.

Scopes for rimfire:

Burris 3-9x40
Vortex 2-7x32
UTG 3-9 w/ AO - these actually have very good reviews as they're made for pellet guns
Bushnell Banner, Trophy, or Elite
Primary Arms in 1-4, 1-6 or 1-8 would be excellent, but probably not lens adjusted for around 50-60yds, unless they have SF or AO.

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:
Go with this combo and you can get both from Optics Planet for  $233.03 plus tax if you use the discount code at the bottom of the image.

I have the DNZ mounts on all my rimfire rifles, fantastic mounts.

A lot of the rimfire shooters like the Burris XTR and Z rings as well.  

It’s easier to remove and remount a 1 pc mount  like the DNZ over two separate rings if you will be randomly putting the wraith back on.
View Quote

I'm going to buy the DNC mount you suggested. It looks like a good mount for me. I'm going to research the scope(s) some more. I might spend a little more on a scope.

Thanks for replying to my thread!
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 220:

I'm going to buy the DNC mount you suggested. It looks like a good mount for me. I'm going to research the scope(s) some more. I might spend a little more on a scope.

View Quote

That medium height DNZ mount should be good for up to a 40mm objective lens.  If you go bigger, you will  most likely need the high mount.  That’s how big of an objective lens I’m using with that mount, a bull barrel and Fedderson receiver with integrated picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the DNZ mounts!  Paired with the PA 1x6 acss 22lr scope it’s perfect for close to mid range (150yds’ish) 22lr.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Bushnell Banner AO 4-12x40 and put on my Savage FVSR. I was quite surprised at the glass clarity compared to my 20 year old Banner, much improved.

Been very happy with it, only thing I wish is that the crosshair width was just a little finer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:44:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#10]
PA 1-6x SLx 22LR ACSS

Vortex Pro 30mm Rings 67% off

$290 + $30

Scope BDC is made for 22LR
Ranging features
1x for blasting and 6x for groups

Rings are excellent;
Made in USA
7075 with recoil lugs
Thicc torx screws
They make even lower ones, too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Taipan01] [#11]
I just picked up a Talo 10/22 sporter with a schnabel rifle stock. I'll be mounting a Vortex Optics Diamondback 2-7x35 Rimfire scope with Warne 200LM Maxima Quick Detach Scope Rings and M858/918M Ruger 10/22 Maxima Bases.

I like the option of using my irons and having a back to zero scope.

Just adding, for the most part, rimfire scopes have a parallax set for 50-60 yards there about and most rifle scopes at give or take 125 so which is better depends on what you're going to be using it for. As for myself, 10-100 yards is about it so rimfire.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 220:

View Quote

You will like the DNZ mount.
I'm slowly swapping most of my guns to DNZ mounts.
Even the old single-screw version has done great on my 300 WM.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen!

I did purchase the DNZ products mount. But I'm having to hold on a scope for a month or two.

I ended up buying a new rifle this week and it took away the scope funds.

I'll stick the old Simmons 3x9 back on it until I get around to buying a better scope.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Hawke makes some excellent scopes for the money.

I have a few of their 2-7x scopes on 22 rifles and have no complaints.  They offer a few different reticles but the Mildot works pretty well for me. Nice small game hunter and general use scope. I own many scopes in this price range and the Hawke is my favorite in this budget.
Hawke 2-7x32 Vantage.

Another is the Muller APV with a BDC reticle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:26:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the PA 6x ACSS .22.  I've been going back and forth on buying one.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the PA 6x ACSS .22.  I've been going back and forth on buying one.
View Quote

That's what I have on my 10/22. I love it, I will probably get another for a 22 bolt gun I'm planning on getting when my suppressor arrives.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#17]
DNZ one piece. I use a leupold 2-7x28. Gun is set up for hunting small game.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
View Quote

I have one and it’s a fantastic little .22 scope.  I don’t think I would get me if I only had one 10/22/ or .22 rifle.  I prefer a variable scope on my rimfire rifles.    I have multiple 10/22’s and the scope works great on  10/22 my boys like to shoot.

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
I love the DNZ mounts!  Paired with the PA 1x6 acss 22lr scope it’s perfect for close to mid range (150yds’ish) 22lr.
https://i.imgur.com/Pq5ei3L.jpeg
View Quote

Ohhhh! Love the build. Don't want to derail the thread but I just found out that Magpul are selling these stocks now and they look perfect for an appleseed build for my girl. How do you like it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:25:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

Ohhhh! Love the build. Don't want to derail the thread but I just found out that Magpul are selling these stocks now and they look perfect for an appleseed build for my girl. How do you like it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MDStroup:
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
https://i.imgur.com/Pq5ei3L.jpeg

Thanks!! They are my favorite stocks!  I love my TCR because of these stocks and now I can finally buy them.  So lightweight and handy.  Great stock and would be perfect for Appleseed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top