Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2023 10:15:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteveOak]
I didn't know ARFCOM had an airgun sub forum. Ok then.

I have a RAW HM 1000X on order. It has a 480cc, 230 BAR tank that most people push to 250 BAR. I will be shooting 100 yard benchrest.

What is the go to for a supplimental tank? I'm looking for something that will give me 4 or 5 refills. Initially I will get refills at a nearby scuba shop. Maybe later I will get a compressor or a second tank.

With a compressor at home I could get by with one tank and refill it every time.

A SCBA tank looks like an option.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought an air Venturi 74cf tank and a little small tank off Amazon. I really like the small tank that fits in my backpack. But it will only give my BSA Buccaneer three fills. Sometimes four depending on how low I shoot the rifle.

1.6l tank
I like the little tank more than I thought I would. It’s got a built in check valve filling port. I wish the bigger tank had one too.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Though there are other makers, the size of Joe Brancato's Guppy (Airtanks for Sale) will do just that.  A home compressor for the Guppy does not need to be a big one. My Daystate 110 V compressor, for example, would be larger than needed.  

A 100 CU Ft SCUBA tank will also work, but you won't get complete fills.  However, you will be able to fill enough to finish a 25 shot benchrest card with sighters.  You would have to fill more often during the match than getting full fills. With a SCUBA tank at 3000 psi, you could top off at the start of a match (string) with a hand pump then fill with with the tank as needed.  I did that for quite a few years.  Though, I never have made it to the 100 yard finals at the Extreme Benchrest matches.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
I bought an air Venturi 74cf tank and a little small tank off Amazon. I really like the small tank that fits in my backpack. But it will only give my BSA Buccaneer three fills. Sometimes four depending on how low I shoot the rifle.

1.6l tank
I like the little tank more than I thought I would. It’s got a built in check valve filling port. I wish the bigger tank had one too.
View Quote

I also have the AV 74cf tank. They had a pretty good deal on them earlier this year. I love it. I used a hand punk for years, but now with a 300bar gun the tank is a necessity.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a 30 minute, 4,500 PSI SBA tank.

Going to run the gun tethered.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a 45 cu. ft. Air Venturi.  I get one 300 bar fill and three fills to 250 bar on my 480 cc Impact M4 tank. Then it drops down to 200 bar.  I can still shot until 2nd reg pressure is reached at 100 bar.  It takes about 15 minutes with the Yong Heng to bring Air Venturi back to 300-310 bar.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#6]
So the 45 CU is a little smaller than a 30 minute?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top