Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2024 11:29:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot]
I'm looking recommendations on a suppressor mount, specifically for a 14.5" that's going to be pinned and welded.

I don't have a suppressor of any kind yet, but plan to eventually, but I do have a barrel I want to get shortened and pinned.

I don't know a whole lot about suppressors yet, but want to start with a basic but versatile model, something that has a robust mount.

This is for personal recreational use, maybe varmint hunting on the farm, target shooting, etc.

Looking forward to the discussion, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:33:40 AM EDT
[#1]
What are your priorities? Flash suppression? Sound suppression? Poi shift? Weight? Price?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:39:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WrenchGuy] [#2]
Excellent questions.

Since I really don't know much about them yet, I don't know how one affects the other.

I guess priorities would be PIO shift, flash, and sound.

I could see using this for .22 plinking, or hog hunting on my SPR...so an all around decent suppressor that doesn't lead the pack in any one thing?

Of course weight and budget are considerations too.

Right now I'm looking for a mount that would be good for a line of suppressors that can be moved to different rifles as needed.

I'll likely end up with more than one if my collection of ARs is an indication lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:12:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I don't know how I missed that, can this thread be moved there?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:17:08 AM EDT
[#5]
A popular option these days is Plan A or Plan B mounts for silencer with a “HUB” mounting system, which is a threaded module that allows you to make a silencer work with various mounts through an adapter. Alternately you can get a proprietary mount. I’ve been happy with Surefire and KAC in that regard. The Polonium and Poloium K from Otter Creek Labs are hot right now. I recently shot some and they were quiet, are cheap, etc. Griffin makes interesting stuff and they are members here.

A 22 can needs to be dedicated to rimfire mostly because you need to be able to take them apart to clean them. They get filthy. In a 22 can the most important single thing is the ability to clean it easily!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#6]
How to mount a suppressor (feat. Griffin Plan A)
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not completely unfamiliar with a Griffin or Surefire mount, seen them often enough but was wondering about any others that might work with multiple suppressor brands.

What is there to know about a tri-lug mount, or keymo mount...keymo is a new one to me, never heard much about it until just recently.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:56:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Tri-lug is for pistol caliber stuff and Dead Air is crap.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Taper mounts sound like what would work well for me.

Is it the Dead Air cans you don't like, or the mounts too?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:33:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#10]
Originally Posted By WrenchGuy:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WrenchGuy:

Much of this site is not user friendly.  

Lotta good info there regarding mounts with feedback on real world usage.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:36:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6731HBAR] [#11]
deleted
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I recently adopted some Griffin dual lok, and like it.

Looks like it has the upsides of a taper, with a positive locking ability.   Available as a hub adapter.  Muzzle devices are wide ranging.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I've personally used silencerco asr, griffin plan a, and huxwrx.  

So far, I like all the options plan a provides, but I like the reverse threading of the hux, but dont like the weight the hux and asr muzzle device adds. Tempted to try dead air xeno
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m a rearden plan b fan, but CAT has me interested with their left hand threads.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I use Plan B/Rearden and they have a lot of muzzle device options. Griffin Plan A is also good with lots of options. I personally wouldnt bother looking at anything else.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#16]
A simple taper mount is the way to go.  Plan A, Plan B or DA Xeno are all good. It's just a matter of personal preference.

We just had two recent discussions on mount options. Read these threads:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/So-is-Plan-B-all-that-Hop-makes-it-out-to-be-/20-551231/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/If-you-had-to-do-it-over-which-mounting-system-/20-551271/

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:26:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#17]
Because of overlap with threads a 14.5” needs a muzzle device that is about 2.25” in overall length.  Crush washers aren’t recommended for suppressors so devices that don’t need clocking / indexing with perfectly flat shims like 3-prong flash hiders are nice.  Longer muzzle devices may not fit in some suppressors with shorter blast chambers but fortunately some mounts like Griffin and Rearden Atlas come in two lengths.

Griffin Plan A mount & muzzle devices have a good one stop selection. Rearden, Liberty Precision Machining, and a growing market of Q Plan B / Atlas compatible muzzle devices are available, many specifying pin & weld length & pre-drilled pin hole. Some other manufacturers of Plan-B compatible muzzle devices are FPM Gunworks, Forward Controls Design, Wolfpack Armory, Hansohn Brothers.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I have keymo on 80% of my stuff, the other 20% is the old Phantom series from YHM.  

All that said, been looking at cans again after a 10 year hiatus, and the plan B option really intrigues me.  Shortens the length of the whole system, is lightweight and stupidly reliable.  

All that said though, if I get another 30 cal can I am likely to keep it keymo so i can use it on my other 30 cals.  

If i FINALLY get a 223 can, it will be plan B for mount.  

The additional bonus there is I nor anyone else using my stuff can accidentally put a 223 can on a 30 cal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Excellent info guys, I'm learning and getting an idea of where I want to go.  Got some great topics to research and watch some videos on.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a silencer co flash hider on my colt socom. Gives me 16.24 I think, so it’s good.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I got a HUxWrx ventum, I acquired their hub adapter and a few of their flash suppressors and a BLASTPHEMY. I have removed the old comp from my 14.5" barrel and I am going to install their flash hider and use the Blastphemy when not suppressed.

Steve
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Rearden/Plan B here. Taper mount is the way.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Everyone's going to throw out their favorite mounting system, but I think you need to figure out what hosts you wanna use, then narrow down what cans you want first. Some cans have proprietary mounting systems. Even with HUB compatible systems, availability of different muzzle device thread pitches and lengths (for pin and weld) vary.
Top Top