Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2023 9:40:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kota4bye]
Is this still a requirement?

Everything I've found just looks like a letter to the Dir w/what software you plan to use?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#1]
When I had my shop 10+ years ago I used an electronic bound book AND a handwritten bound book. They tended to augment each other... and in the case of computer issue or lost data... you can always fall back on the hand written bound books. NEVER fully trust anything electronic... especially when it could put your business in jeopardy.
The electronic bound book was helpful to me when I wanted to print out a current inventory and check it against my records.

I never had to notify anyone at BATFE about how I maintained my records.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Notification is not required. I just completed my interview and Excel is not authorized any longer. I've reached out the agent I spoke with to see if he can provide more clarity. The issue with excel is tracking any changes made to the individual cells. If notes/comments aren't tracked the information is deleted and gone forever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top