Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2024 9:57:55 PM EDT
Who currently does takedown conversions and has anyone here done it? The only time I fly anymore is to California to see my mother and I bring a Henry .44 X and a Glock 48. It would be nice to have a smaller case than my Pelican 1700 LOOK A GUN case and it could also be useful for hiking or for all those times I fly in a bush plane.
I seem to remember WWG doing conversions on Marlins, Henry's are pretty close in design. If I can get it done for under a grand I might consider it, otherwise would probably just buy a Chiappa takedown.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I looked into it & for the cost plus $200 I could just buy the takedown from Chapuis. Better to just sell what you have & get a factory takedown as it's way cheaper.

If you are set on it, the gunsmith that does it is in Trinidad Colorado.

http://www.thearmsroom.com/id10.html
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#2]
While not as cool you can just yank the stock

RPP makes a thumb style screw that allows you to quickly mount and dismount the stock

Added bonus is you can keep it loaded all the way up and it will still fire without the stock

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked into having a Marlin converted and then ended up buying a Chiappa Wildlands Alaskan takedown in 44 Magnum. I saved about $300 by going this direction and I am very satisfied with the Chiappa.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree with just buying the Chiappa. Mine is a Taylor's lever scout in .357 and it's fit finish and function are top quality. Out of the box you get the rifle you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top