User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:01:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottyPotty] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

That is a nice deal.  I'd wait for a curved grip version for my tastes though.
View Quote
I never knew they made a curved grip 1894.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ScottyPotty:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Remington made pistol grip, stainless, laminate 1894s in .357 and .44, I think old Marlin only made a few with that grip.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The only lever rifle I ever sold was the only curved grip one I’ve owned.   I admit they are a better design as far as ergonomics go, but not my thing.   16in straight grip trappers only need apply for me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
If I was getting it from PSA it would be $1086.00 + $30 for shipping protection (if desired) + $25 for FFL.

View Quote

I'd jump on that. I don't think PSA ships to the shitty world I live in.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Apologies for my misunderstanding about Henry’s longevity.
Thank you to everyone who posted the correct info. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]

That is a nice deal.  I’d wait for a curved grip version for my tastes though.
View Quote

That's what I want too, but I doubt we get it.  At least not in blue/walnut
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:

Remington made pistol grip, stainless, laminate 1894s in .357 and .44, I think old Marlin only made a few with that grip.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:

1894PGin .44 Mag and 1894FG in .41 Mag. Walnut, blued, and the PGs were made 2003-2004 while the FGs were made 2003-2007 from what I can find. Both are pretty uncommon and spendy now. In one of my rare instances of buying right I managed to get both while they were new and priced normally.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Just snagged one from Reed's on Gunbroker for $999 before tax and shipping. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up come Friday.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally picked one of the 1894 .357's a couple of weeks back, paid $1099 + ttl at big box store.  Had it out between rain storms here recently, the action really smoothed out with around 150 rounds of use, love the gun.  All shooting was done between approximately 30-80 yards, off hand and across an open water stock tank. Three types of 38 and three types of 357 were used.  It definitely seemed to be most accurate with 158 gr ammo, of both 38 and 357 varieties.  125 grain ammo was still acceptable in accuracy across the board.  38 Special+P I did not have on hand.  The best accuracy this shooter had was with Remington 158 SJHP "high terminal performance" ammo, this was also the most expensive ammo shot, the second best was plain old 38 American Eagle 158 LRN and this was relatively cheap.

Hking
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#10]
That's awesome, congrats on the rifle guys

I have to get mine out and see how it runs.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#11]
So cool, I have the Ruger/Marlin 336 and a late model Remlin 1894. Surprisingly! The Remiln is my favorite levergun...I know.

Those green and white box 125 gr Remington loads are stupid hot.

I've found 180gr projectiles to be very accurate but ya got to load them suckers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Are you seriously comparing Ruger quality to Remington?  The Remington made guns were abysmal fit and finish wise compared to the Rugers - not even close.  The Rugers made Marlins are way, way, way nicer than anything Remington put out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Originally Posted By TheQuadfather:
I don’t know why anyone thinks Ruger is going to make better lever actions than Marlin or Remington.

Are you seriously comparing Ruger quality to Remington?  The Remington made guns were abysmal fit and finish wise compared to the Rugers - not even close.  The Rugers made Marlins are way, way, way nicer than anything Remington put out.

I disagree. While I don’t own a Ruger Marlin, I’ve had the opportunity to handle something like 5-6 of them in gun stores. Not because I needed another .30-30 or .357, but because I was interested in what Ruger Marlin quality looked like. I’d give them a B- up to an A on certain specimens. Not as nice as my Remington 1894. My 2017 Remington made 1894 Marlin is better in every way than my JM 1894. I own several other Marlin models and they are all inferior to the Remington gun.

FTR, I’m a Ruger fan and I’m excited to get my hands on a new 1894 sbl in .44 mag when my local store gets one in. I’m a realist though and the last few years of Remington production might have been the best they’ve ever been or ever will be.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By wm69:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wm69:

That is a nice deal.  I’d wait for a curved grip version for my tastes though.

You are probably correct, I have no want for a synthetic tactical version.

I had my FFL bud look them up and call his distributer.  As a kitchen table guy he couldn’t get one, they’re on allocation.  Which means they only give them to bigger volume buyers.   Story of my life.   He cannot get anything I like due to allocation.   Yet the distributer call him to dump the cheap plastic imports and non selling pink guns.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top